Comand - can it read my emails to me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Apologies if this is an old chestnut but I have searched the forum and find no reference. I was in a colleagues 525i BMW today and his in car system will pair the phone and allow him to access emails on screen and then read them out to him.

Does the Merc do this?

Marc

^nice car, lovely wheels really suit

My SB has the latest firmware and I can use internet and receive and read emails when my samsung phone is synced (which was amazingly easy), but they're not read back over audio, so only suitable for when stationary.

A docking lead bundle was included in the centre console, so iphones can also be plugged in.

Apparently if you take yours into MB they'll upgrade your comand system gratis.

Last edited:
Update, this morning after pairing I had to restart the phone, Bluetooth (version 3.0) on samsung N7000 galaxy note prompted for:

SAP service - SIM access profile - allows the Comand inbuilt GSM transeiver to connect to a SIM card in a Bluetooth enabled phone

OPP service - object push profile - allows client push of objects such as pictures or v-cards from phone to Comand

Pbap service - phone book access profile - allows phone book information to be read from phone by Comand

MAP service - message access profile - allows texts to be sent from phone and received by Comand

I confirmed all on the phone, and voila, after not quite a minute a text came through, and then an option to read text aloud - which works (in PR4L voice no less!)

If I then Bluetooth tether the phone, it is possible (when stationary) to access the internet, and thus google, email, etc.

Oh, and in system settings, ensure text reader speed is set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom