Do these wheels/tyres fit?? Read this first! Offset/fitment answers within..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The W205 front wheels will be 20mm closer to the wheelarch than the W204 wheels.
You could have problems with rubbing.

W205 C63 ET's are Front 25, Rear 57
W204 C63 ET's are Front 45, Rear 54
It's worse than that because the W204 is an 8J but the ET25 W205 is a 9J so it sticks out 32.7mm which is a no go!

Also the rear wheel is a 10.5J ET57 so sits 22mm closer to the strut and 16mm further out. That would rub on both sides...

However, I have found that the sizes you mentioned seem to be for the coupe/cabriolet.

The saloon/estate is different at 8.5J ET38 and 9.5J ET56. These do fit a C63 W204 perfectly with no rubbing.

The front gains about 9mm more per side in extra track width relative to the rear.

However, the front flared arches can take more compared to the rear so it works well.

I forgot to say it's best with tyre sizes of 245/35/19 and 265/30/19.

Many people put these sizes on the standard wheels but the extra 0.5" means they fit better on the rims.

Needing reassurance guys

W204 C200 CDI AMG Sports (2011)

Currently have
FRONT: 225x40 R18 -
REAR: 255x35 R18 -

I am getting new RIMS ( 8x18 ET50 5.00x5x112 Hubhole 66.60) all round to go with with 225X40 R18 tyres allround

Would they fit?

What width and offset are your wheels now?

225/40/18 is spot on for an 8J rim, the centre bore and bolt pattern is correct so it's just a case of how far in/out the wheels sit.

Either internet searching or to be sure take one front and one back wheel off. On the back of the spokes it will have the wheel width and offset embossed on it.

So the front will be exactly the same.

The rear will sit 2.3mm further into the arch and will have even more clearance to the suspension strut.

In other words it will be absolutely fine and visually very similar but slimmer tyres when viewed from behind.

Do the wheels of the latest A CLASS fit a W204. I have seen a few for sale on various sites saying that they fit, are they saying that just to get a sale.

Still some bargains to be found on eBay for genuine MB alloys. Just check you have the correct fitment before buying. Use the link in Post#355 to check beforehand.
Carriage to Bulgaria may be expensive though.

And last question...I found another 18 inch rims with size front 8,5 J ET 35 , back 9,5 J ET 35 !
So will they fit in Mercedes w212 E350 avangarde?
I am very grateful for the answers you give me!!!

Welcome to the mine field of ET's and J's regarding wheel sizing. after numerous questions and looking on various sites for different wheels for my W204. I decided to stick with the same 16" size that is on but looking for a different style to what I have at the minute. unless anybody knows the correct size 17" wheel and what model they come off to fit a W204.
Cheers for any info.

And last question...I found another 18 inch rims with size front 8,5 J ET 35 , back 9,5 J ET 35 !
So will they fit in Mercedes w212 E350 avangarde?
I am very grateful for the answers you give me!!!

Fronts should be ET48 and rears ET54
The rims you are looking at will be 13mm closer to the front wheelarch and the rears 19mm closer.
Also, 9j are the OEM rim for the rear of an E350, so the ones you are looking at are 12mm wider.
Only you can decide if they will rub or not. I would hate to say yes they are OK, and they don't fit.

Put your current fitment into this chart and the ones you want to fit. The link will calculate whether they will fit or not.

Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

Welcome to the mine field of ET's and J's regarding wheel sizing. after numerous questions and looking on various sites for different wheels for my W204. I decided to stick with the same 16" size that is on but looking for a different style to what I have at the minute. unless anybody knows the correct size 17" wheel and what model they come off to fit a W204.
Cheers for any info.

Any 17" OEM wheel with a front ET47 and rear ET58 has come off a W204.
They should be 7.5j front. 8.5j rear.
Look for the part number on the inside spoke of the alloy.
Anything starting A204******* is from a W204 C Class.

Cheers for the info update AMGeed, that has helped me out no end. I can restart my search knowing what I am looking for now.:thumb:

Hi, decided to go down the 17" route. just now need to find which style to go for, looking to get a set of AMG ones. now trawling the various sites sifting through peoples adverts for, good condition but need a refurb which usually means. "buckled ones" "cracked ones" "painted with a garden brush ones". I am quite choosy on condition, so prepared to trawl through to find the right set.:).

I have these - they are in need of refurb but are alright, and as your a member could do a deal as I need rid.. (I'm a W203 )
$_86.JPG

Hi, thanks for the reply and thanks for the offer, really appreciated. I am ideally after a set of AMG ones, but leaving my options open. out of curiosity do these fit the w204 model ? and what is the width and ET of them.
P.S. whereabouts are you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom