EuroMillions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
Seeing last Tuesday's draw had a £17,000,000 first prize I decided to invest in a few tickets and I won.:D:D:D:bannana::banana:

That was the good news.

The bad news is that my winnings came to the grand total of £2.80p.:doh::(:crazy::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Last edited by a moderator:
You lucky Bast**d, that £2.80 more than I ever get, perhaps i should try asking for an unlucky dip instead?

All UK lottery's are nothing more than voluntary taxation.

I suppose there are a very small number that would disagree, but most probably would.

Its not there to make you rich, its there to bleed you of hard earned money.

A bit like a bookie really.

I'm getting bloody annoyed with Euromillions...i'm still yet to win the damn thing.

As for this...

Since when were taxes voluntary? And when did paying your tax buy you a ticket to potentially win £117m? You're right that it's like a bookie, but that's not a tax either, that's a bet you make on an outcome that if you are correct you win money. I'm not betting on anything when I pay my tax, except that the my tax money will probably go to waste!

There is a lass in our village who won £2.4 million.

She still works in the chemists.

Her husband treated himself to a new Mondeo.

:)

I won the Euro Millions the other week - again about £2.80.

Best I've done is £108 on the normal lotto but I will not give up! My day will come! :D

There is a lass in our village who won £2.4 million.

She still works in the chemists.

Her husband treated himself to a new Mondeo.

:)

They're wasting it - I'll pop down and have a word with them. ;)

I suppose there are a very small number that would disagree, but most probably would.

I'm sorry but that's just a load of rubbish.^

How do you get 'voluntary taxation'?

What other sort of 'voluntary taxation' gives you the chance to make you a multi millionaire?

'it's not there to make you rich, it's there to bleed you of your hard earned money' is the line of the year!

If you don't do it, why make out that everyone that does do it is being 'taxed by stealth'?

Not to worry though, I've invested most of the £2.80 in another ticket for the Friday draw and that's for £136,000,000.:)

Here's the madness of it last week:

Match 4 numbers and 2 lucky stars and win £3,348

Match 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars and win £120,000,000 (ok nobody won)

I think these mega jackpots should be better distributed throughout the field of winners.

The lottery is not voluntary taxation, never heard anything as ridiculous as that before.

However it is a tax on the stupid :D :

The odds of winning are 1 in 116 million

You have a 1 in 10 million chance of being killed by lightning.
You have a 1 in 3 million chance of dying from food poisoning.
You have a 1 in 2 million chance of dying by falling out of bed.

E CLASS said:
Here's the madness of it last week:

Match 4 numbers and 2 lucky stars and win £3,348

Match 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars and win £120,000,000 (ok nobody won)

I think these mega jackpots should be better distributed throughout the field of winners.

I wholeheartedly agree, and you lot can do that AFTER I win the £130 million on Friday.

I already have around 7 million earmarked for cars, and 20 million for the construction of a Wayne manoresque mansion (complete with batcave)

I wouldn't bother buying a ticket that doesn't possibly pay out a life changing amount.

lance, can I do the batcave for you?
I always fancied it as a job.

All correct, of course...but it doesn't matter. It's only a quid.

Statistics are useless in these scenarios; someone eventually will win.

The lottery is not voluntary taxation, never heard anything as ridiculous as that before.

However it is a tax on the stupid :D

It has also been described a a tax on the poor due to the fact that a disproportionate number of tickets are sold in areas of low income. If you live in a "nice" area with a "nice" house and a "nice" income then you are likely to be fairly content with your lot and better able to recognise that a lottery ticket isn't likely to change your life for the better.

They're not a tax, they're a gamble and like any other form of gambling common sense dictates if or how much anyone risks.

The cheapest form of gambling is of course Premium Bonds based on the potential winnings compared to the ticket price, twelve tickets for the interest lost on £1 in a year with all winnings going to the ticket holder. Compared to the Lottery where twelve tickets cost £12 and the only amount a ticket is guaranteed to win is £10, assuming a winning ticket of course.

So buy Premium Bonds first if the type who enjoys a gamble every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom