Haunted Merc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wezzel

Car
C220 cdi Sport Estate
Last week I had my briefcase stolen from the back of my car outside a restaurant. There was no sign of forced entry and I was fairly sure I had locked it.

Last night I definitely locked it and this morning it was open again.

Has anybody experience their car unlocking itself unaided. Failing that, either I am going senile at 47 or, the car is haunted :eek:

Might be the central locking system.. shorting somewhere so causing it to unlock on its own..

lol ! :)) at 47.. fairly young to be there... :D

Could your remote have been cloned somehow?

Accidently pressed it in your pocket?

Accidently pressed it in your pocket?
Even if you do press the button accidently the car re-locks itself after 30 seconds if a door or boot isn't opened. This is quite a narrow window of opportunity unless someone is already waiting for it to happen!

Cloning is unlikely because the two incidents occured 30 miles apart. The keys were not in my pocket but sat on the restaurant and kitchen tables. No-one tampered with them. Very strange.

I will be double checking every time I leave or return to the car from now on just to make sure I'm not going do-lally :eek:

Even if you do press the button accidently the car re-locks itself after 30 seconds if a door or boot isn't opened. This is quite a narrow window of opportunity unless someone is already waiting for it to happen!

That feature does not always work BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom