• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

In the market for a 6.2 e63 estate..... Not many out there?

I hope I'm not coming across as ignorant, but I'm only going by factual figures.

I have never driven a ML let alone the 6.3 version.

I have driven the 4.8is X5 and that had the split drive train. I did get off the mark sharpish in wet/damp conditions so I have an understanding of the 4x4 drive system.
On a drag strip in warm weather and with warm tyres, the C63/E63 should pip the ML63 to 60 mph on it’s best run with a skilled driver.

But for the rest of the time the ML63 will be quicker - including the other runs when the C63/E63 lost traction or bogged down.

The ML63 is so much easier to launch and so much more consistent that it will deliver it’s best run almost every time.

The dash to 60 mph is so short that there’s not enough time for a powerful RWD to catch up after losing traction or bogging down.

But over over a longer distance the C63/E63 will reel it in and pass, but on the road that will be well above legal speeds in the UK.

On a drag strip in warm weather and with warm tyres, the C63/E63 should pip the ML63 to 60 mph on it’s best run with a skilled driver.

But for the rest of the time the ML63 will be quicker - including the other runs when the C63/E63 lost traction or bogged down.

The ML63 is so much easier to launch and so much more consistent that it will deliver it’s best run almost every time.

The dash to 60 mph is so short that there’s not enough time for a powerful RWD to catch up after losing traction or bogging down.

But over over a longer distance the C63/E63 will reel it in and pass, but on the road that will be well above legal speeds in the UK.

You will miss that launch curve when you part with your ML I imagine.

None of us ever drive above the legal limit you know that!

Something special about a RWD high powered car though. It's just not the same with AWD in my opinion.

You will miss that launch curve when you part with your ML I imagine.

None of us ever drive above the legal limit you know that!

Something special about a RWD high powered car though. It's just not the same with AWD in my opinion.
If I sell that car I will definitely miss it, it’s been a wonderful car and is in superb order.

There’s definitely a place for AWD and RWD, I love them both, and I wouldn’t be without either.

If I sell that car I will definitely miss it, it’s been a wonderful car and is in superb order.

There’s definitely a place for AWD and RWD, I love them both, and I wouldn’t be without either.

It's only a matter of time is it not that you will sell it, as it's for sale.

Personally RWD high powered cars i like, much more fun than the AWD.

Error within the post, false alarm ;)

Last edited:
Blimey, this is taking a long time!

Just missed this one - went within 2 days:

Hasn't got the dynamic seats I was after but the price was decent enough for me to forgo them.

Blimey, this is taking a long time!

Just missed this one - went within 2 days:

Hasn't got the dynamic seats I was after but the price was decent enough for me to forgo them.
That was on Autotrader a couple of months back, for less money - looks like someone bought it cheap to make a bit out of it.

There’s a thread on here somewhere :)

Reactions: Abb

Went donkeys ago.

Ah, hang on was that the same car?

Thanks.

Unfortunately all the autotrader details have gone.

What was it originally up for?

I've spoken to the seller, seems legit. He's going to give me a call if the buyer is a no show (but he's left a deposit etc)

I think the other one was up for £11995 but to be honest it was too cheap last time and sold quickly of course.

The auction car could be fine, but just be aware it’s an earlier 6.2 so you might want to consider whether it’s in the affected range (pre revised head bolts?)

Maybe factor that and the lack of warranty into whatever you bid for it - good luck though! :thumb:

Outbid (by £200!)

I should have pushed for £14k...but you never know what other people will go to.

Bugger.

and double bugger at missing the other one for £12k!!

Very cheap in my opinion, 14.5 15k I think that car could ha e made.

Bad luck. The hunting continues!!!

Got to offset the price with the risk - there were very few details in the listing. No report on engine health, clutch etc

(I am kicking myself for not going higher though!)

This is the gripe with buying auction vehicles I suppose.

Outbid (by £200!)

I should have pushed for £14k...but you never know what other people will go to.

Bugger.

and double bugger at missing the other one for £12k!!

I don’t think you missed anything much.

£13800 (presumably plus fees?) is about right for the age/mileage, considering it’s sold as seen with no warranty etc. If it was that cheap, someone else would have bid on it :)

With nearly 100k miles how much could it be retailed at, bearing in mind whoever sells it will have to address any faults and warrant the car etc.

Discs, tyres, air suspension faults. Even my old one with very low miles needed a new headlight (£1k) and both rear airbags replaced (£1k) etc.

Fair enough if you’d seen it in the flesh, inspected it, checked the tyres/discs/wheels/service history etc but otherwise a bit of a gamble buying blind.

The right car will turn up :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom