M111 K&N panel filter. Any thoughts, experience etc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Jones Jr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
Howdo Guys,

I'm somewhat concerned the oil from the filter will contaminate the MAF. I've heard so many conflicting tales & views over the years I'm really unsure about using any oiled filter, not just K&N.

Anybody, with specific experience using one on the M111 or the M111 K ,it would be especially great to hear you experiences.

Thank in advance.

I used one for 4 years on my C36 & C55 without any problems. If u search on this forum and google it you will find plenty of info on various merc forums.

I have had one in my C230K for over 100k miles though the MAF failed very soon after fitting, I replaced it, and it has been ok ever since, I have always believed that oil contamination of the MAF is caused by over oiling of the filter, or applying the oil to the wrong side of the filter.

Thanks guys, great to get hear your experiences.

@andy, yes I've seen poor re-oiling being carried out alright and poor cleaning too. Glad, anyway that you reckon the 230K isn't prone to MAF problems fomr the K&N. I purchased my filter while there was a special offer going & at the spur of the moment. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom