• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M113 Engine in a project car

Or be really silly and mate it to an m120.

Now we talking!:D

The m116/7/9 and m120 all use the same flywheel bolt pattern, so in theory the manual flywheel from the 350sl fits the m120. Mercman has one of those flywheels....

I will try and see if the m112/3 daulmass flywheel fits the m117, but I doubt it. Would make life easier though wouldn't it? :cool:

carat 3.6 said:
I will try and see if the m112/3 daulmass flywheel fits the m117, but I doubt it. Would make life easier though wouldn't it? :cool:
what about the strength of the manual gearbox will it take the power of a V12?

what about the strength of the manual gearbox will it take the power of a V12?

I've got one in the superturbo which seems quite happy with that power, so the v12 should be no problem. The daulmass flywheel would the weak point, so I'd be looking at a custom alloy item.

It does seem a bit silly that AMG had the opportunity to offer a manual v8 option in the c43, e55, m113 equipped cars, yet chose not to. It is only a software modification after all, as we know the m112 drive train is a direct fit. That would have stole a few sales from bmw.

Back to the op's question though, in order to keep the column shift you might be able to rig up a sequential gearbox. Have the gear selector operating 2 contact switches for the up/down solenoids.

The M113 does look at home in a w201 engine bay doesn't it. :D

2lmxr0i.jpg

2zrmcnl.jpg

s0-ter14.jpg

s0-ter13.jpg

And it is still using the m112 gearbox.:bannana:

Last edited:
carat 3.6 said:
The M113 does look at home in a w201 engine bay doesn't it. :D And it is still using the m112 gearbox.:bannana:
is that yours?

is that yours?

Sadly not one of my builds, it is a stunning creation though. The owner wanted a replica dtm car, but I think this is better than the real ones. :rock:

Today I tried the m112 flywheel on the m117, and as suspected it doesn't fit. So that put's that question to bed.

Last edited:
carat 3.6 said:
Sadly not one of my builds, it is a stunning creation though. The owner wanted a replica dtm car, but I think this is better than the real ones. :rock:
the dtm ones were V6 .the only thing is the sequential gearbox they make wonders!

Last edited:
carat 3.6 said:
Sadly not one of my builds, it is a stunning creation though. The owner wanted a replica dtm car, but I think this is better than the real ones. :rock: Today I tried the m112 flywheel on the m117, and as suspected it doesn't fit. So that put's that question to bed.
so the best option is the M113 isn't it ? Will the M112 manual flywheel fit in to the m113?

the dtm ones were V6 .the only thing is the sequential gearbox they make wonders!

That's the w202 your thinking of, the w201 had the 16v m102.

Might have to get a price from maktrak for a sequential box and a proper diff.:devil:

so the best option is the M113 isn't it ? Will the M112 manual flywheel fit in to the m113?

As a standard engine the m113 is the way to go. the flywheel bolts straight up, everything that fits the m112 will fit the m113.

But the m119 has more potential if your going to play with it.

Last edited:
carat 3.6 said:
That's the w202 your thinking of, the w201 had the 16v m102. Might have to get a price from maktrak for a sequential box and a proper diff.:devil:
indeed!:thumb:

carat 3.6 said:
As a standard engine the m113 is the way to go. the flywheel bolts straight up, everything that fits the m112 will fit the m113. But the m119 has more potential if your going to play with it.
my friend already have the 113 and spoke to him yesterday and I was trying to convince him the way to go is manual .
He already managed to fit the engine in and he is using a pinion and rack instead of the old steering box also installed ,to make that 113 there had to be done some fabrication also to accommodate the new steering lots of things have to be transformed .

my friend already have the 113 and spoke to him yesterday and I was trying to convince him the way to go is manual .
He already managed to fit the engine in and he is using a pinion and rack instead of the old steering box also installed ,to make that 113 there had to be done some fabrication also to accommodate the new steering lots of things have to be transformed .

Sounds cool, what car has he fitted it in?

Last edited:
carat 3.6 said:
Epic, did he use the w210 rack and pinion? That,s the normal way of doing it.
yes and also used the mounting .
He's using a W210 55as a donor.

Last edited:
yes and also used the mounting .
He's using a W210 55as a donor.

Perfect donor vehicle.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom