• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M113 Engine in a project car

He has carbon fibre bonnet , boot lid , door cards and a set of proper coilovers ,a complete evo1 kit bbs split rims the whole shebang !:D

He has carbon fibre bonnet , boot lid , door cards and a set of proper coilovers ,a complete evo1 kit bbs split rims the whole shebang !:D

Now that I like, love to see some pics of that when he gets it all together.:thumb:

carat 3.6 said:
Now that I like, love to see some pics of that when he gets it all together.:thumb:
still a long way to go but I promise I'll post some pictures when ready !:thumb:

Hi Again folks! Hope all is well. I'm currently getting the M113 to a state where i'm happy with it, the 300 odd BHP is more than enough than the 120 thats in it at the moment. Looking into ECU's still at the moment. the Caltech Elite looks pretty good with DBW throttle control and the ignition system that can be used. I know that the standard coil packs run the 2 spark plugs per cylinder individually, one to fire under compression and the other to burn off nasty left overs to stay inline with emissions needs. However as the car is made in 1961, I can get away with quite a lot, so I'm going to set the system up to fire both plugs per cylinder at the same time, that gets around that little headache. also removed the aux air pump from the from and the control valves and will make some blanking covers up for those inlets.
I've located one knock sensor on the left hand bank, is there another?

Moving back to the gearbox side of things as this is my main headache!!!
Auto is the way to go, definitely.
The ECU's I'm looking at does have CAN bus interface but to work with the gearbox I would need to know all the programming codes to get the system up and running and information is hard to come by on MB electronics and software.
So, looking at older gearbox options, a nice plain old mechanical system would be good, or limited electronics, such as a gearbox and TCU that don't need to talk to anything else to work. just power from the flywheel, through the torque converter, and outputted on to the drive shaft.

Also trying to lay my hands on a set of exhaust manifolds as the block didn't come with any, I've seen some Kleeman ones on Ebay, but they're a bit pricey to say the least! and as long as i can fit the wideband O2's into the standard ones, i don't think i need anything special at this moment!
So boys, Gearbox advice down the route of whats already been suggested, anyone got a good idea of what might work? I reckon i can fabricate a bit of a bell housing adaptor if needed!

Also trying to lay my hands on a set of exhaust manifolds as the block didn't come with any, I've seen some Kleeman ones on Ebay, but they're a bit pricey to say the least! and as long as i can fit the wideband O2's into the standard ones, i don't think i need anything special at this moment!

Might be worth joining the "other side" as well. A member there has a set of sports headers going very cheap. £1200 reduced to £350 unused.

[Spares] Mercedes CLK500,CLK55 AMG sport headers manifolds - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Moving back to the gearbox side of things as this is my main headache!!!
Auto is the way to go, definitely.
The ECU's I'm looking at does have CAN bus interface but to work with the gearbox I would need to know all the programming codes to get the system up and running and information is hard to come by on MB electronics and software.
So, looking at older gearbox options, a nice plain old mechanical system would be good, or limited electronics, such as a gearbox and TCU that don't need to talk to anything else to work. just power from the flywheel, through the torque converter, and outputted on to the drive shaft.

Refer back to post #15. Would this not fit the bill perfectly?

Here's the complete collection.

https://www.youtube.com/user/olefejer/videos

So boys, Gearbox advice down the route of whats already been suggested, anyone got a good idea of what might work? I reckon i can fabricate a bit of a bell housing adaptor if needed!

I'd use a 722 from the w126, the hardest part is mating the torque converter to your flywheel.

Mercman might be able to help with standard exhaust manifolds: 01736 757 777.

The 722.6 box does need canbus to work with the engine ECU, afaik However if you can get the engine to work with a standalone then this guy from Denmark has a standalone to operate the g/box including tip levers. He requires the lever, a TPS and a section of the gearbox plug/cable to make it work.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Druk
we are review www.ofgear.dk this stand alone controller for 722.633 transmission, could you please share any experience information with this controller

I regret to inform you DRUK has died since this topic was last discussed back in January 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom