Meet Silvia the s211 e55 7 seater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it may seem my excitement was short lived, The car from cold seems to shift abruptly / jerky on the down change, And the usual whine that all 55's do on a cold start is pressant. Im wondering if the Pump bearing in the box has gone. See this thread

M113K engine noise

The box seems abit better once warm but still jerky when changing down, Mercedes Waterhouse Braintree serviced the box 2 months/1,000 miles ago According the Seller , Waterhouse said the box was fine and a ATF fluid and filter change was done along with the reset of the tcu for shifting.

Does anyone know how you can reset this? i've heard about it before. Will update when i know more.

Is it worth doing a full ATF change and filter yourself first, get the correct fluid in and level right first?

In my experience the 722.6 always shifts smoother with fresh fluid - I know the seller says it’s been done but for peace of mind I’d do it anyway all things considered :thumb:

and it begins Gavin! :p Let’s get that project thread going.. :oops::D

I’ve got the invoice for the fluid change from Waterhouse so I know it’s bin done, just wondering if it’s worth changing it again or take it back there and let them have a look.

Tbh I feel pretty sick atm it was a lot of money tome, and the wife isn’t to happy either. Hey ho risk you take wen buying a second had car I suppose.

Tbh I feel pretty sick atm it was a lot of money tome, and the wife isn’t to happy either. Hey ho risk you take wen buying a second had car I suppose.

Didn’t you test drive it from cold Gav? Seems odd it’s just started now

It was a short test drive car had been run so wasn’t right cold. You notice it in town traffic not really so much country roads. From cold it’s proper jerky up shifts fine, down shifts a thumps.

Ok chaps, my friend came round with his Workshop dipstick, we dipped the fluid it was brownish and burnt. We have now drained 3.5ltrs from the pan and refilled with new fluid. Car now seems like it’s shifting as it should be so thumbs up to Will! Also noted slack in the Rear Prop Uj , I’m going to be changing this along with another fluid n filter next week. I won’t really 100% no till the next cold start if the shifting is completely better so fingers crossed. Thanks for the replies peeps , will keep updated.

In the mean time i completed the Exterior detail this Morning before all this, So here are a few pic's as she stands.

36222526_10155981859597284_3174602678583951360_n.jpg
36048259_10155981859787284_3827449170843664384_n.jpg

36176475_10155981859977284_7966604540927541248_n.jpg

35987166_10155981860067284_3149443601977573376_n.jpg
36088284_10155981860567284_5615489398138208256_n.jpg

Lets hope the Box's issue works out.

Ok chaps, my friend came round with his Workshop dipstick, we dipped the fluid it was brownish and burnt. We have now drained 3.5ltrs from the pan and refilled with new fluid. Car now seems like it’s shifting as it should be so thumbs up to Will! Also noted slack in the Rear Prop Uj , I’m going to be changing this along with another fluid n filter next week. I won’t really 100% no till the next cold start if the shifting is completely better so fingers crossed. Thanks for the replies peeps , will keep updated.

Good to hear Gav, hope it works out for you. You deserve it buddy :)

Possibly the car was invoiced for an ATF change and not done or maybe filter not changed?

If it was changed then it's something to keep an eye on - check the condition after another 1000 miles

Well took the whole family out and the 2 dogs "Yorkies" for a slow country drive, Walked the dogs had a ice cream in a small near by town, and lovely drive back. Car ran really well gears shifting nicely. If the car drives from cold as it should do i think im in love lol, If not there will be a Bon fire at my gaff complete with Fireworks tomorrow evening your all invited ;)

Possibly the car was invoiced for an ATF change and not done or maybe filter not changed?

If it was changed then it's something to keep an eye on - check the condition after another 1000 miles

Yes Bob deffo something to watch, im thinking they couldnt have flushed it all out properly or enough, In anycase it will be getting another fluid change next wk complete with filter just as a precaution.

Yes Bob deffo something to watch, im thinking they couldnt have flushed it all out properly or enough, In anycase it will be getting another fluid change next wk complete with filter just as a precaution.

I think a lot of the time places just empty the pan and not the whole lot out.

Maybe m2287, it was invoiced, had i thought before draining into a dirty oil pan i should have collected a large sample of the old stuff to have a look at. it did start coming out quickly red but the as it was finishing it was brown. Also had a burnt smell to it.

Fingers crossed tomorrow. If it was a mechanical fault do you think the issue would be there all the time regardless of temps?

Maybe m2287, it was invoiced, had i thought before draining into a dirty oil pan i should have collected a large sample of the old stuff to have a look at. it did start coming out quickly red but the as it was finishing it was brown. Also had a burnt smell to it.

Fingers crossed tomorrow. If it was a mechanical fault do you think the issue would be there all the time regardless of temps?

I would have thought so but then I’m no expert!

Can you put a warranty on it yourself in case?

Does the invoice show how many litres of oil they used?

Maybe they didn’t remove all the fluid, remember there’s no drain plug for the t/c so most places just change as much as they can

Does the invoice show how many litres of oil they used?

Maybe they didn’t remove all the fluid, remember there’s no drain plug for the t/c so most places just change as much as they can

Yep 4ltr's which tbf is about what we got out and put back in, Also just checked and the Radiator is A Valeo unit. Which may or may not be a issue of course but its one that i will be changing when i can get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom