• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes-Benz Chelsea charges £80 for 4 fusess

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB Stratford wanted to charge my mate £130 to fit wipers (included in price) front and back to his 211 estate.

Parts cost around £45.

I fitted them in about 2 minutes.

Can of worms, and I should stop posting :p but heyho... waiting on a response to my emails from work, so I have a minute to fan the flames.

--

So, is the issue the salary that someone gets paid? By your very lines, they "often [work] longer and harder" - but are cheaper? So is the issue the lack of skills (regardless of ethnicity) or the cheapness of the labour?

(I'll stop now, promised)

M.

I think the issue is in the perception of the customer. If you take your car to an MB dealer you expect staff to be trained to and the dealership to have invested in their staff.

If you get treated worse than at your local hand car wash, you may question the investment and wonder what else have they not invested in.

Now stop winding me up - you know exactly what I mean:doh:

I once took a W211 into the dealer to see about the SBC pump being replaced (I knew it was the pump because I'd had it plugged into STAR somewhere else), they told me 'they'd never had a goodwill request refused'.

They then rang me in the afternoon to say the goodwill request had been refused and when I went to collect the car I owed them £96 for telling me that the SBC pump was on its way out.

So, to summarise, Mercedes charged me £96 to tell me something I already knew.

And there wasn't even any Eastern Europeans or laughing Africans about for me to blame poor service on either.

I'm not surprised about your experience. I had a smart forfour years ago, it did not start one day, it took a MB dealer (somewhere in west London) days to diagnose, therefore £300+ labour to find out the chip in the key is broken + £70 to replace the key.

I was a student at that time and it was my first car repair experience, of course they would rip off someone like that. but you should have been experienced enough to avoid that happen. about their attitude, I found they were very nice to me as they wanted me to take the hit.

Ive used mercedes chealsea for parts and let just say never again

Shocking - your post manages to be racist and offensive; without actually getting to the issue... What does the Ethnicity of the various employees have to do with anything?

I think we all understand what he means - there's no need to go all PC on his ****.

MB Stratford wanted to charge my mate £130 to fit wipers (included in price) front and back to his 211 estate.

Parts cost around £45.

I fitted them in about 2 minutes.

On WIS it shows adjusting the angle of the blade to the screen with some 'special' tools, ie bending them, as part of the process but even so thats a lot.

£45 ish wipers
£48 to fit wipers to front
£48 to fit wipers to rear

Total £141 , not too far off £130 ? Maybe they gave him a tenner discount ;)

£48 is supposed to be supply & fit front & rear. (£32 front, £16 rear - it's the same on all the main-stream models).

To be fair I've never tested this - I meant to include them as part of the negotiation on my last service package but forgot :rolleyes: . It wouldn't be the first time a dealer has quoted pricing different than on their website though.

Shocking - your post manages to be racist and offensive; without actually getting to the issue... What does the Ethnicity of the various employees have to do with anything?

Quite so. This a is very strange and pernicious first post. I find the subtext abhorrent.

It's not just MB...Renault tried to charge my mother £80 to supply and fit a new front wiper...she's old...but not stupid...next door to Halfords, paid £20...and fitted it herself.

How is the op racist exactly?! People need to chill...

No, I can't see it either.

The op is merely painting us a picture of the scene.

I'm surprised the mention of 'black cars' hasn't been highlighted as being racist. :rolleyes:

At no point is the post suggesting that the piss poor service is anything to do with their respective races so it isn't racist.

Some people ought to stop reading the Daily :fail .

No, I can't see it either.

The op is merely painting us a picture of the scene.

I'm surprised the mention of 'black cars' hasn't been highlighted as being racist. :rolleyes:

At no point is the post suggesting that the piss poor service is anything to do with their respective races so it isn't racist.

Some people ought to stop reading the Daily :fail .

If he was describing the scene and said two laughing white guys, I'd agree with you...but somehow, if they'd been white, I doubt he would have mentioned the fact.

It has now!
From now on you must refer to the colour as Obsidian Black, then we will know you mean the cars and not a person. We don't want to offend anyone, do we. :wallbash:

Russ

So you can tell where someone comes from by them laughing?

I can tell where they come from before they even open their mouth, but that's because I've spent a lot of time in African and eastern European countries.

No excuse for the way the OP was treated and shame on the MB dealer for employing such idiots of whatever nationality, don't MB ever audit these dealers :dk:

It has now!
From now on you must refer to the colour as Obsidian Black, then we will know you mean the cars and not a person. We don't want to offend anyone, do we. :wallbash:

Russ

You can use the Black word quite legitimately and it is not considered racist in the UK.

You can use the Black word quite legitimately and it is not considered racist in the UK.
Thanks for that I was getting a bit worried as my car is standard black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom