Mini South GTG Kent and SE London 6th or 7th Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tan said:
Sounds good. Where abouts in London?

Tan

It appears I'm staying at the Radisson Kenilworth in Bloomsbury, working in Aldwych so nice and handy for once :D . Will be there from Monday afternoon. send me a PM rather than take the thread ;)

Likewise - anyone else?

Last edited:
Good turn out for everyone, glad you all had a good time :rock: I wonder what other people thought when they saw all the mercs on the car park??Oh yes, Did you all keep swapping sides of the parking lot for different photos? :D

When we moved from the back car park to the main entrance it was chaos! We had the main entrance completly blocked. Good job no one wanted out. It was a brill GTG. Thankyou to everyone who came in my car and for the kind words. Thank you to everyone who took me in their cars. 0-60 in Gravs E55 was fun! 4 up, wet road still about 6.5secs:)

R2D2 said:
0-60 in Gravs E55 was fun! 4 up, wet road still about 6.5secs:)

So when I get a bill for removing excess rubber marks I know where to send them ;)

Nice to meet you all today, I will pass your comments back to my director friend, and I am sure from the professional manor we portrayed ourselves, many may there be to follow :rolleyes:

Look forward to the other pic's as well, I will forward them all on.

Regards Paul.

pammy said:
It appears I'm staying at the Radisson Kenilworth in Bloomsbury, working in Aldwych so nice and handy for once :D . Will be there from Monday afternoon. send me a PM rather than take the thread ;)

Likewise - anyone else?

I'll be in docklands on Monday, so if all goes well I might be able to pop in for a ddrink :) (And I promise not to break anything this time :p )

Maff said:
I'll be in docklands on Monday, so if all goes well I might be able to pop in for a ddrink :) (And I promise not to break anything this time :p )

cool :D

I'll PM you n Tan my moby no. I'm due at Kings Cross at 15.45 so quick taxi to the hotel etc to dump my stuff then whatever :D

I might be able to come,after youv'e had your tea or as we posh people down south call SUPPER !!

A few pics from today's GTG :D

These ones are from the 'tea and biccies' kindly provided by the hotel manager! :bannana:

Attachments

• _MG_3283.jpg
    _MG_3283.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 61
  • _MG_3286.jpg
    _MG_3286.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 53
  • _MG_3287.jpg
    _MG_3287.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 54
And a few more from the collection of cars at the back of the car park:

Attachments

• _MG_3288.jpg
    _MG_3288.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 59
  • _MG_3292.jpg
    _MG_3292.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 56
  • _MG_3296.jpg
    _MG_3296.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 57
And finally a couple from the front of the hotel:

Attachments

• _MG_3302.jpg
    _MG_3302.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 55
  • _MG_3308.jpg
    _MG_3308.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 53
Well done Fastlady! Lovely pics. The panaramic roof on your car is SO cool! Glad you had a good time!

Just to add - was great to see everyone again (or meet you in some cases!), have a ride in each others' cars, do some petrolhead style tyre kicking and engine inspection (in the freezing cold!!), and generally chat about everything and anything! :D

Thanks again to drifting who arranged the tea and biscuits - the general manager gave us all a very pleasant welcome (despite Maff's infamous case of destructive-itis today and the fact that we all completely blocked the entrance to the car park when we took some of the photos at the front of the hotel!). Let's hope we still get an invite back! :eek:

Hope to see most of you at Bruntingthorpe in March too :D

FastLady

Ian B Walker said:
Impressive "haggle" of Mercedes. Its nice to see so many at relativly short notice. Makes me wish I was there to lower the tone with a rusty 124 :D

I did my best on your behalf Ian :)

Andy

I should be able to join you all in Docklands too .. a short stroll from E1.

pammy said:
cool :D

I'll PM you n Tan my moby no. I'm due at Kings Cross at 15.45 so quick taxi to the hotel etc to dump my stuff then whatever :D

Looks like a really good turnout and some seriously shiney cars! Shame I missed this one, hopefully I can make it along next time.

Chris

andy_k said:
I did my best on your behalf Ian :)

Andy

You can always rely on Andy :rolleyes: BTW mate, whats with parking back to front, not dinged the grill have you? :D

Ian B Walker said:
You can always rely on Andy :rolleyes: BTW mate, whats with parking back to front, not dinged the grill have you? :D

it wasn't me who parked/abandoned it the wrong way round - it was everyone else :D

Andy

and no I haven't dented the front :)

Its seemed like a wonderful gtg,unfortunately I couldn't make it,even after trying very hard-thought i ll get a chance to meet up with you guys, but with a 2 yr old,sometimes it gets impossible to plan anything,as some of you might know.I hoping that next time a gtg near London is planned Ill try to make it,although after seeing the great photos taken it seemed i would have been one of the only ones with the oldest merc (w124)-Will keep a look out for the next meet. - You all have great cars,sorry i mean mercs,can see the passion of your mercs on how clean they are - good work.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it next time. Seeing as the Bridgewood seem to have made us welcome, maybe it wont be too long until we are back ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom