Morgan Motor Company: The Most Honest Car Factory in the World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like the chequered front section.

Morgan.jpg

The Brooklands has a leather strap where that decal is. Oh and fishtail exhaust pipes..........I cannot wait !!!!

Obviously this one has a lot of personal appeal

2012-Morgan-3-Wheeler-Ignition-Episode-35-image-2-1024x640.jpg

But the khaki one is my favourite

Morgan-3_Wheeler-2012-1280-07.jpg

I was reminded of the session reported on the BBC Troubleshooter series where Sir John Harvey-Jones dissected Morgan's business model and made recommendations as to how they should proceed. Not sure he got it quite right but it did spark my interest: Watch Troubleshooter (Sir John Harvey-Jones) Season 1 Episode 6 S1E6 The Morgan Motor Company

Remember watching that. He had some good ideas but as I recall seemed to miss the entire "raison d'etre" of Morgan and why people were prepared to wait months to buy em- They were hand built! He seemed to favour a more automated approach to increase output which did seem necessary based on the production figures. However he seemed fairly oblivious to the danger of the potential loss of their established customer base by abandoning their traditional approach which was why the customers new and old kept coming back. :doh:

I was told on Monday that around 70% of the cars are exported. That was in evidence by the number of LHDs being built. It was nice to see such a busy factory and lots of people in work.

I too remember the John Harvey Jones series.

I also remember ICI.

Morgan seem to have outlasted JH-J's old outfit by ignoring its ex-boss!

I too remember the John Harvey Jones series.

I also remember ICI.

Morgan seem to have outlasted JH-J's old outfit by ignoring its ex-boss!

Just a touch.... LOL :D :D

I think John Harvey Jones worked on the principle.

"To make a small fortune, start with a large one and a well known brand name"

Lee Iacocca had a similar silver spoon.

Last edited:
Bit pee'd off now to be honest. I ordered my car based on the brochure showing the spec that the Brooklands edition will be. Bear in mind that the final price of the cars aren't known yet but I put a grand down to get one of the 50 cars.

I'm now being told that the decals unique to this model are now going to be a cost option. I feel this is very poor form and bad PR. They should honour the spec as shown to early depositors and charge people from now on. Or even better not tell anyone and bump the price up. The final price isn't set yet anyway.

Even more comical is the 500 quid they want to choose a specific plaque number.

Not really sure what to make of Morgan right now and may not bother to go any further.

Sounds like you need to push them harder to honour the original spec.

If the car was the right choice back then, it should still be today. There's not much else to choose from in the 3 wheel car market, unless.....

vbig.jpg

Too right. My dealer is under no illusion as to what will happen if this isn't resolved. But my fear is what next? Are they going to charge for the polished engine etc? My concerns are also longer term. This will be a long relationship and there will be plenty of contact. If they bugger you about before they have your money then it will be even worse once they have it.

This is a totally frivolous purchase and if I don't get one I can play with my 991 GT3 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom