New C63 Coupe Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not to excuse my obvious piss poor driving but those tight lanes in multi story car parks are redic. Scraped the front near side alloy right round the rim. I'm guessing hardly any wheel repair companies will touch two tone diamond cut wheels?

I feel your pain. It's a horrible feeling when you damage a new car. :(

Is there space for a full size spare in the boot? If so maybe a new wheel and keep the damaged on for a spare?

Ant.

You will have to shop about. I got mine done no issue but they are single tone diamond cut.

I'm based in the North East and I do know my cousin found it very hard to get his M4 wheels sorted. These are a dark grey shade.

Not to excuse my obvious piss poor driving but those tight lanes in multi story car parks are redic. Scraped the front near side alloy right round the rim. I'm guessing hardly any wheel repair companies will touch two tone diamond cut wheels?

Ask your MB dealer
Most will have a repair guy for below body shop repairs and that will include wheels for(PDI) repairs etc

Lepsons will deal with it.
I used them for titanium finished diamond cut on m GLA

As above. Lepsons are top quality wheel refurbers. If your close to them definitely worth a shout.

So it seems I am close to ordering a new coupe - read through this thread and saw that g5und got maybe 8% on a S.

I miss my saloon since I sold it in May but always wanted the Coupe - so have now got negiotaited but not finished pricing on an Edition 1 but the discount I got was approx 5.9% and APR is 5.3% - my last C63S I had about 8% and an APR of 4.5%.

I am still going through numbers and I do believe an Edition 1 Coupe will not be discounted easily but how does this match to others experiences?

cheers

As you mentioned, I landed on an S model in the end with a discount of ~8-9%. Would have to work out the exact % by looking at the numbers again.

Would be worth checking prices on carfile and drive the deal to see what could be achieved there. You could always take that quote to your dealer to see if they'll match it.

I used carwow after it was mentioned on here (in this thread) - got 5 offers in 2 days on a S Premium pack (not edition 1 as wasn't available to select) - ranged from almost nothing other than the 1500 finance contribution which should be a given, to 6.6k which works out at 9.1% - I'm quite impressed with carwow - will continue looking.

Actually Carwow do have the edition 1, have specced one and will see what offers I get back...

9.0% or just over 7k off via carwow on an edition 1.

I've never used Carwow before either, but that's certainly worth remembering if you can get deals like that in next to no time :thumb:

Well here's an update after 450 miles in my C63S Coupe (yes, that's all I've managed to do since Sep 1 as I haven't been able to drive it much)...

Visually, the car looks absolutely stunning on the outside. The lines and the flared arches make for a very sexy design which attracts a lot of attention. I thought the blue would make it more discreet than white or grey but it would appear not. As for the interior, it's moved on leaps and bounds from the 204 which in comparison, looks dated. They've done a very nice job with the interior which I think sets a new benchmark in the premium sector. In terms of quality, the cabin appears to be very well screwed together (unlike my old A45) with no signs of squeaks or rattles coming from anywhere. I'm still not a fan of the iPad bolted to the dash but I'll learn to live with it.

Now for the important part - the drive. In Comfort mode, the car is extremely docile and quiet. It's perfect for a stop/start commute and almost feels like driving any c class. Switch it to Sport and begins to come alive a little, although not as much as Sport mode did in my old 204. The suspension stiffens and the throttle response improves but it's still pretty quiet. Bizarrely the exhaust doesn't switch to 'loud mode' in sport. Finally, once you move onto Sport +, it feels like you're driving a completely different car. It becomes extremely loud and provides you with the most addictive backfires I've ever heard on downshifts! Honestly, in a built up area it sounds like someone has just fired a shot gun! In my view, it's louder than the 204 with the perf. exhaust switched on. Does it sound as good overall as the 204? I'm not totally convinced it does but it sounds phenomenal nonetheless! If you're worried about losing that noise you have in the 204 then I wouldn't be - you won't be disappointed.

The main difference I've noticed is the low down torque. It feels much quicker lower down than the 204 did. It also wants to do doughnuts constantly so that's something to watch out for!! I've tried to keep it below 4500rpm as the run-in procedure states so I still don't know how it feels across the rev range. I'll get back to you on that when I get more miles on the clock.

There's a bunch of new tech with this platform which I appreciate but won't go into detail as it's the same with all models across the range. The fuel economy is improved from the 204 but not massively as the official figures would suggest. I've averaged 19.8mpg after 450 miles of varied driving and managed 26mpg the other day to the airport where I was taking it easy.

Overall, I'm very impressed with new coupe and don't regret the switch. I know the 204 vs 205 opinions differ on here but for me, I'm happy. Had the car detailed and protected yesterday with gtechniq - here's a couple of pics...

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

My 2003 C-class didn't have Isofix, but the guy who bought it off me installed it himself. I dare say it's possible but I understand why your main dealer would not want to do it for you or even give you advice on how you might do it yourself.

Black/Red Pepper

Has anybody got the 2016 C63 S Coupe with the two tone black/red pepper? I'd like to see some photos before taking the plunge. I've looked on google but I'm struggling to find the new interiors with these.

Many Thanks

J-AMG-M said:
Has anybody got the 2016 C63 S Coupe with the two tone black/red pepper? I'd like to see some photos before taking the plunge. I've looked on google but I'm struggling to find the new interiors with these. Many Thanks

I have all black with the grey alcantara lines. Is this what you're looking for?

image-2509379017.jpg

G5 - wait till you really open it up after running in - full throttle with the rifle shot backfires, you'll be laughing out loud - at least I was in my old C63S saloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom