• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV 🙄🙂

You mean no comparison?

I mean they are two very different things. The EV will typically be faster off the line (0-20), but will run out of puff at the higher speed. EV handling will be very different too - on one hand the EV is much heavier, but on the other hand the weight is very low down and evenly-distributed. EVs have no gears - they accelerate seamlessly. Etc.

Didn't realise the Tesla Model 3 Performance was in my price range, albeit a used one, you can get a 2020 model with about 20,000 for about 30 grand. What I've read and watched it really is an impressive car, not least the performance, which is quite frankly ridiculous! Mmm food for thought. 🙂👍

Last edited:
Didn't realise the Tesla Model 3 Performance was in my price range, albeit a used one, you can get a 2020 model with about 20,000 for about 30 grand. What I've read and watched it really is an impressive car, not least the performance, which is quite frankly ridiculous! Mmm food for thought. 🙂👍
With prices softening by the day as that great raft of nearly 200,000 odd 2020 EV’s coming to the end of their three or four year lease and PCP deals.

Resale values have “only” been high because EV’s are still mainly in the hands of their first owners.

That said, there must be quite a few people holding on to their existing contracts because the interest rates on new contracts are so much higher.

But still, the next twelve months will see a lot of used Tesla 3’s come to the used market

I could never live with that ugly duck face front...no matter how good it was! They have seen the light and fixed that for the new one.....now it's and angry catfish!
arenaev_001.jpg

Would you be happy with the bland interior and Mickey Mouse build quality though Tony?
Maybe impressive performance, but not a patch on MB build quality IMO.

I’d have a T3 any day Toe. I guess it all depends on if a warranty is offered and what it covers on a 3 year old car.

The build quality both inside and out of the whole Tesla range is frankly shocking....panel fit is laughable, especially grilles, bumpers and vents. Look at some of the videos on YouTube. You get a better build on a 20k Kia than a 70k Tesla!

The build quality both inside and out of the whole Tesla range is frankly shocking....panel fit is laughable, especially grilles, bumpers and vents. Look at some of the videos on YouTube. You get a better build on a 20k Kia than a 70k Tesla!
I thought the build quality on the earlier Teslas got slated. Are the newer models not much better?

Two of my three Brother in Laws have recently hopped out of a Ramge Rover Sport and Land Rover Discovery into a Tesla Model Y and Model 3 respectively.

Resisting the urge to make witty comments based on stereotyping reputation of both marques, neither have commented that they’re in any way unhappy with them.

In fact they’re both absolutely delighted with them, so any build quality issues must be minor or more than adequately outshone by the positive attributes.

I’d be seriously considering the Model 3 if I was buying with my own money. Buying a few years old means that it will have taken the sharpest depreciation hit and Tesla undeniably have the strongest EV brand appeal at the moment, and so resale potential must be amongst the strongest.

Oh just think of the alternative options 🤔🤔
Mmmm £30 odd K would enable me to sit behind the wheel of this little swipe. 😎😎
ULEZ Compliant ernall.IMG_1770.jpeg

Don't forget the orange peel paint.

Two of my three Brother in Laws have recently hopped out of a Ramge Rover Sport and Land Rover Discovery into a Tesla Model Y and Model 3 respectively.
Resisting the urge to make witty comments based on stereotyping reputation of both marques, neither have commented that they’re in any way unhappy with them.
In fact they’re both absolutely delighted with them, so any build quality issues must be minor or more than adequately outshone by the positive attributes.
Could Benefit in Kind have been relevant?

To Tesla's credit the interiors have come on leaps and bounds these last seven years.

I could never live with that ugly duck face front...no matter how good it was! They have seen the light and fixed that for the new one.....now it's and angry catfish!
View attachment 145661
Reminds me of the post war flats in Pimlico.

They get slated by their Regency neighbours, but the usual answer was something along the lines of "these are excellent and "right sized" to live with. Once inside, you can't see how ugly it is. Unlike the nearly 200 year old neighbours which awkward sizes and shapes for modern living."

I suppose a 2018 slightly higher mileage 100D wouldn't be of interest ?

There are a lot of these £100k well specified vehicles out there, looking for homes, for not that much more than your £30k budget.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.29.27.png

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 11.24.04.png

Last edited:
Could Benefit in Kind have been relevant?

To Tesla's credit the interiors have come on leaps and bounds these last seven years.
Tax benefits were probably relevant to the decision to choose an EV, but not to choosing a Tesla specifically. One does very few miles, one does mega miles.

Both (and one in extremis) like to have exactly what they want, which usually means the best - or what is perceived to be the best - and are prepared to pay for it.

It will be interesting to see if they keep them. My neighbour didn't have his Taycan long before he switched it for a Defender. He still has an EV runaround though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom