• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV 🙄🙂

Not an original idea.....:

'His specialty was alfalfa, and he made a good thing out of not growing any. The government paid him well for every bushel of alfalfa he did not grow. The more alfalfa he did not grow, the more money the government gave him, and he spent every penny he didn't earn on new land to increase the amount of alfalfa he did not produce. Major Major's father worked without rest at not growing alfalfa. On long winter evenings he remained indoors and did not mend harness, and he sprang out of bed at the crack of noon every day just to make certain that the chores would not be done. He invested in land wisely and soon was not growing more alfalfa than any other man in the county. Neighbours sought him out for advice on all subjects, for he had made much money and was therefore wise. “As ye sow, so shall ye reap,” he counselled one and all, and everyone said “Amen".'

Joseph Heller, Catch-22, 1961

Last edited:
iirc about £25k………

ok, maybe not, but that’s just as accurate as a lot of the claims about EVs seen on this thread🤣

True. An EV won't make you younger, more attractive, or grow back the thick hair that you had as a teenager. No, an EV won't do any of that. Believe me, I know, I have one....

True. An EV won't make you younger, more attractive, or grow back the thick hair that you had as a teenager. No, an EV won't do any of that. Believe me, I know, I have one….
😶 not working for me either 😅

How about £18k for a 500e with 5k on the clock? But you'd be second owner on the V5

Tax is £0 and fuel is £0.07 / mile when you fill it at home.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 14.37.30.png

How about £18k for a 500e with 5k on the clock? But you'd be second owner on the V5

Tax is £0 and fuel is £0.07 / mile when you fill it at home.

View attachment 145072
Actually according to my calculations and at my prices even cheaper, about 2.5miles per £0.075, I get 240ish miles out of my 90kw battery and pay £0.075 per kw to charge it. so about £0.025per mile, can't beat it!

I just worked out last night that my solar panels and batteries and EV rates mean over the last few months, my 30 miles commute each way to work every day, cost me nothing and I'm actually in credit once that's paid for, with my peak lecky rates dropping from 1st October its goind to be even better. :)

Actually according to my calculations and at my prices even cheaper, about 2.5miles per £0.075, I get 240ish miles out of my 90kw battery and pay £0.075 per kw to charge it. so about £0.025per mile, can't beat it!

I just worked out last night that my solar panels and batteries and EV rates mean over the last few months, my 30 miles commute each way to work every day, cost me nothing and I'm actually in credit once that's paid for, with my peak lecky rates dropping from 1st October its goind to be even better. :)
To be sure, to be sure....

That was a tentative pluck for us poor souls hoping to charge from t'Grid with the very occasional top up away from home.

We'll ask awkward questions about the set up cost and depreciation of your solar farm another day. For us Hoi Polloi the initial problem is where to find an EV made to the same standard as an AMG or MB.

True. An EV won't make you younger, more attractive, or grow back the thick hair that you had as a teenager. No, an EV won't do any of that. Believe me, I know, I have one....
If it does not do any of the above, why would you buy one.:)
Saw one of these Hiundy Kona thingys today, thought that looks quite nice,o_O then gave myself a good talking to.🤬

Keep it down chaps, or the anti-EV police will soon be here and disperse you joyous EVers.
You better believe it:banana:

For us Hoi Polloi the initial problem is where to find an EV made to the same standard as an AMG or MB.
And there lay the problem, my EV is a MB its done about, 28k and even my totally none mechanical wife noticed the suspension creaks in mine yesterday!

Just in - September edition of Car Magazine has an MG4 X Power road test against a VW Golf R!
Bought the mag, interesting
read, Obviously the Golf R can't live with the MG for straight line speed, other things like the infotainment system was better in MG, and a few other things, but overall the Golf R won the test, which doesn't suprise me at all. Most car mags wouldn't put MG before VW even if it was better car, imo. 🙂👍

You pressed the order button yet Toe?
On Hols at the mo, Ant, back on Sunday. 🙁 Then will organise a good test drive, a quick whizz round the block is no good. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom