• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV πŸ™„πŸ™‚

Just back from looking at another Tesla Model 3 Performance, purely to look at the White interior, which was stunning. So looking now for my perfect Tesla. Up to 35 grand, White with
White interior, up to 25,000 miles. Must be one out there somewhere? πŸ™‚πŸ‘
Here's the White interior. πŸ˜€
View attachment 145913
Stunning that Toe. πŸ‘Œ

No jeans or tracksuit bottoms for you and the whole family unless they are WHITE! 😁

Looked at the MGs too before ordering a VW iD3 which has now been delivered.

Perfect for around town daily driver, charge at home and costs about Β£1 for 40-50 mile range.

It costs you 2 pence per mile? Blimey.

Made me think: assuming it'll do 4.5 miles per kwh. The cheapest overnight tariff (for my area) at the moment is about 9p/kwh. 4.5 miles per 9p is indeed about 2 p per mile. Incredible. I'm doing about 30 p per mile on ice but on the other hand have zero depreciation and a fast fun car... Still seems wasteful tho

Stunning that Toe. πŸ‘Œ

No jeans or tracksuit bottoms for you and the whole family unless they are WHITE! 😁
You’ll be surprised how easy those white seats are to keep clean mate, literally just go over with some baby wipes now and then!

Stunning that Toe. πŸ‘Œ

Funny you say that, I’ve just seen @SmartAmg and he’s already bought his perfect car, he found it this afternoon. I bumped into him taking a few of his friends out for a spin in his new motor. They were told in no uncertain terms to change into outfits provided by @SmartAmg πŸ˜‡

1693239470654.jpeg

Funny you say that, I’ve just seen @SmartAmg and he’s already bought his perfect car, he found it this afternoon. I bumped into him taking a few of his friends out for a spin in his new motor. They were told in no uncertain terms to change into outfits provided by @SmartAmg πŸ˜‡

View attachment 145916
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I do hope Toe can provide a photo such as this on collection of his new jam jar. πŸ₯³

@SmartAmg have you bought one yet?

Let me know if you are still looking as I can ask around on one of the owners groups I’m on, drop me a PM with your number if so, also happy to help you sort your electricity tariff etc or answer any general questions you have if you need. πŸ‘

@SmartAmg have you bought one yet?

Let me know if you are still looking as I can ask around on one of the owners groups I’m on, drop me a PM with your number if so, also happy to help you sort your electricity tariff etc or answer any general questions you have if you need. πŸ‘
Again, that goes for anyone on here… :)

Out of amusement, I'd love to see what the home charger mob would say when I told them I have a 3 phase supply so would like a suitable charger rather better than a 13A plug in jobbie! BG etc have been trying to interest me in a smart meter for years, BG even sent a guy to install one, soon as he saw 3 phase he said "I'm not qualified to work on 3 phase, and AFAIK there is no domestic 3 phase meter" so buggered off - and even after 2 changes of supplier (Affect now Octopus) that's still the case!!

Out of amusement, I'd love to see what the home charger mob would say when I told them I have a 3 phase supply so would like a suitable charger rather better than a 13A plug in jobbie! BG etc have been trying to interest me in a smart meter for years, BG even sent a guy to install one, soon as he saw 3 phase he said "I'm not qualified to work on 3 phase, and AFAIK there is no domestic 3 phase meter" so buggered off - and even after 2 changes of supplier (Affect now Octopus) that's still the case!!
If you have 3-phase that’s bloody brilliant for an EV!

You can get up to 22kW at home!

There are definitely smart meters available for 3-PH, lots of people on the Tesla Owners Club have spent thousands upgrading their home supplies to 3-PH. If you need specific help I can ask them.

Why do you have three-phase supply at home?
I have no idea, it was installed when the house was built as a self build in 1988-91. My only suspicion is that at that time there was no gas supply to our cul-de-sac so the choices were oil (which one or two still have) or one of 2 forms of storage heaters. Our neighbour had a large "storage heater" feeding hot water to a radiator system round the house, took him a day to empty the large storage thing in the kitchen when he upgraded to gas. I'm pretty sure this house had individual storage heaters originally which the second owner (we're the third) had removed when she had gas installed.

As we're in a poor mobile reception area and I don't want to fall foul of selective time rates that smart meters allow, I'm quite happy to avoid a smart meter, just make sure I submit meter readings same day every month and spreadsheet them so I know my monthly and average daily useage, as I've done since 1982! Also having an Economy 7 meter (which we have) there are only so many companies that can accept dual readings onto a single rate tariff (which for us is cheaper than an Economy 7 tariff) so I can be picky!!

As we're in a poor mobile reception area and I don't want to fall foul of selective time rates that smart meters allow, I'm quite happy to avoid a smart meter, just make sure I submit meter readings same day every month and spreadsheet them so I know my monthly and average daily useage, as I've done since 1982! Also having an Economy 7 meter (which we have) there are only so many companies that can accept dual readings onto a single rate tariff (which for us is cheaper than an Economy 7 tariff) so I can be picky!!
Selective time rates are a blessing if you can shift most of your usage to off-peak.

It costs you 2 pence per mile? Blimey.

Made me think: assuming it'll do 4.5 miles per kwh. The cheapest overnight tariff (for my area) at the moment is about 9p/kwh. 4.5 miles per 9p is indeed about 2 p per mile. Incredible. I'm doing about 30 p per mile on ice but on the other hand have zero depreciation and a fast fun car... Still seems wasteful tho
Yes that is correct - 2p per mile - or equal to 335 mpg at Β£1.50 per litre. If you also have solar panels then it gets even cheaper when the sun is out.....

Another test drive this morning, back to the MG X Power, this time at MG Chorley. But this time unaccompanied and for an Hour.πŸ™‚πŸ‘All I can say again is WOW!
I'd pretty much decided on a Tesla 3 Performance, but the more I see on the road, whilst being a lovely motor, they are a tad bland,
(And whatever your thoughts on the MG 4 especially in Volcano Orange, bland they ain't) and not 100% sure I could get used to the Big screen controlling everything. And also obviously a BIG factor is, the MG would be brand spanking new with a 7 year warranty. Me heads spinning. πŸ™„πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Another test drive this morning, back to the MG X Power, this time at MG Chorley. But this time unaccompanied and for an Hour.πŸ™‚πŸ‘All I can say again is WOW!
I'd pretty much decided on a Tesla 3 Performance, but the more I see on the road, whilst being a lovely motor, they are a tad bland,
(And whatever your thoughts on the MG 4 especially in Volcano Orange, bland they ain't) and not 100% sure I could get used to the Big screen controlling everything. And also obviously a BIG factor is, the MG would be brand spanking new with a 7 year warranty. Me heads spinning. πŸ™„πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚πŸ‘
Both are great cars and you really like them both, so which ever you decide it web fantastic! πŸ‘πŸ»

I have the IONIQ 5, which is pretty advanced tech (for a non-Tesla). A colleague at work had the Model-X and now has the Model-Y. I can tell you that the Tesla tech is light-years ahead of everyone else (perhaps MB will finally catch-up with the EQE and EQS, I don't know). I didn't go for the Tesla because it's Marmite and unfortunately I fall on the side that didn't buy into the marque. My colleague on the other hand was over the moon with both his Teslas.

I’m sure you’ll be made up with either one. However, you make a valid point about the brand new factor. Pick your colour, pick your options and knowing that it’s not got any unknown issues or big expensive fails looming.

If it’s a 50/50 feeling you’ve got I’d be inclined to go New MG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom