• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Possible EV 🙄🙂

And there’s me thinking you were thick skinned and enjoyed the bantz maaaaaan! 🥳

Point taken. I’ll tone it down until you tell me otherwise ☺️
No need to do that as I enjoy reading your posts.....i said Id back off from threads that are mainly that are just an opinion rather than fact finding....I don't want you too!!!....I'm fully aware that I'm pretty opinionated........35 years plus in sales will do that!....but equally I always read through my posts and ask myself whether I would say that to the other posters face....if not, I delete it. Im nothing if not honest and straight talking.....but I realise in the snowflake society we live in that there are more delicate flowers that take stuff personally than there used to be....and I m not talking about you or MOST of the posters on here.👍

.....and I bow down to other posters obviously superior knowledge of EV running costs......I've just based it on info from other forums. Since Id rather walk than drive EV my knowledge of them is largely hearsay and second hand forum info.

No need to do that as I enjoy reading your posts.....i said Id back off from threads that are mainly that are just an opinion rather than fact finding....I don't want you too!!!....I'm fully aware that I'm pretty opinionated........35 years plus in sales will do that!....but equally I always read through my posts and ask myself whether I would say that to the other posters face....if not, I delete it. Im nothing if not honest and straight talking.....but I realise in the snowflake society we live in that there are more delicate flowers that take stuff personally than there used to be....and I m not talking about you or MOST of the posters on here.👍
That’s good to hear. I’ll crack on then!
.....Since Id rather walk than drive EV ………
…..aaaaaand he’s back in da room! 🥳

That's crazy value.

What are your first impressions and any thoughts on how the ID3 compares to the old e-Golf ?

I used to rent the e-Golfs in London through ZipCar and thought them impressive, if a bit delicate. I've yet to see an ID3 on Zipcar

Can't compare it as have never tried an e-Golf.
Certainly very impressed though, got all the toys and can run around town for days without charging.
One of the lads really likes it, he is into Cupra and Leons and things the iD3 is so much better.

Take it on a run though on motorway at speed and you see the range drop off.
In fact going down to England tomorrow but taking the little petrol Skoda as that will get us all the way there without a stop.

£40- £50k will pick you up a nice five year old Tesla X or S
That kind of money will also put you behind the wheel of a nice C63S or E63.
I know where my money is going until we can't enjoy them any more.
Ironically I can think of one member on here who went from a 1000hp AMG to a M3P… I went from a 500hp V8 to one…
Abs, to bring clarity to that statement you should have mentioned that said member soon sold the Tesla and got back in a CLS63AMG.

Abs, to bring clarity to that statement you should have mentioned that said member soon sold the Tesla and got back in a CLS63AMG.
I don’t know the specifics Rog and haven’t spoke to him recently but I believe he enjoyed the Tesla…

That kind of money will also put you behind the wheel of a nice C63S or E63.
I know where my money is going until we can't enjoy them any more.
But Rog you don’t do many miles, for most people the trade of with the EV is matching performance whilst also being cheap to run + the zero emissions if green minded :)

Understood Abs.
I'm old school. Petrol all the way.
Not a green cell in my body;)
Hehe fair enough anyway the AMGs aren’t anywhere near as bad (to local air quality) as an oil burner so enjoy all the way ;)

If people want to avoid a Tesla (imho a wise thing), can’t cope with Chinese, and don’t fancy choking on BMW/Merc post warranty costs then how about trying a 7 year warranty 320 mile range S Korean? We did and in July went on a trip to Cornwall, mind you that range dropped a bit 😉 Gives us 300 miles range easily, half that with the van so 150 miles which meant two stops to get from Northampton to Mevagissey. Latest charge architecture gives 10% to 90% battery charge in circa 20 minutes. The car has acres of room, and a smooth matte paint finish. Being a Kia its between £30 and £40k cheaper than equivalent european or Tesla. That cost saving and the long warranty made the decision easy and anyway I IMG_2023-08-07-202647.jpeg have the A205 cabriolet for that😉 I like the silent operation, the torque pull is just wonderful, and maintenance costs are much, much lower than an ICE so more to spend on keeping the van!

Well from what I have read and seen it would seem best to lease these electric cars as they devalue alot in 3 years, but I would not buy one afraid I am petrol or diesel all the way,will catch a bus if they ban those cars.

Well from what I have read and seen it would seem best to lease these electric cars as they devalue alot in 3 years, but I would not buy one afraid I am petrol or diesel all the way,will catch a bus if they ban those cars.

That isn't accurate.

It's not that EV devalue in 3 years more than a comparable ICE car would.

It's just that sales of non-Tesla EVs have only recently picked up, and there's just not enough data out there regarding residuals.

A lease plan is recommended because it takes the uncertainty away of the owner and transfers it to the finance provider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom