• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Recent purchase thread

Had a couple of shelves there, think I'm gonna add another battery so still a bit of work in progress.
There is always another project in my experience! 👍😁

Did you have to get the battery install signed of by an electrician?
It's something I am looking to do once I get the permissions to install a solar system (house and barn are both listed buildings)

A few random purchases this week: a 1981 Suntour Cylone rear derailleur for my vintage bike (the existing Shimano Arabesque has a design flaw that can be catastrophic!), a blood pressure monitor and a new washing machine.

I got the washer from AO and when I logged in I saw we bought the current one 10 years ago for £420. The new one which is an equivalent/actually slightly better was £465. I was quite surprised prices don’t seem to have risen much.

Funnily enough I’ve just bought a LG washing machine for the new house from AO.
Paid a £39.99 annual subscription for their 5 star scheme and saved £70 on the non member price ££837 and got free delivery . Could have found a machine at a much cheaper price but she wanted another 10/11 kg machine, direct drive , AI weight control and all that for just two of us and a dog ! Then my wife got involved in the delivery and gave me a day and 4 hour time slot when we would be available at the new house ( before we actually move in as we have a week after completion ) . That cost another £25 ! So much for me trying to save money .

Funnily enough I’ve just bought a LG washing machine for the new house from AO.
Paid a £39.99 annual subscription for their 5 star scheme and saved £70 on the non member price ££837 and got free delivery . Could have found a machine at a much cheaper price but she wanted another 10/11 kg machine, direct drive , AI weight control and all that for just two of us and a dog ! Then my wife got involved in the delivery and gave me a day and 4 hour time slot when we would be available at the new house ( before we actually move in as we have a week after completion ) . That cost another £25 ! So much for me trying to save money .
We did the 5 star scheme thing as well. No brainier really, just need to remember to cancel it in a year. You can see how it works though, I’ve suddenly realised we also need a tumble dryer and wine fridge, and as it’s now free delivery and what not…..

Can’t keep overpaying paying for small WD40 cans .
View attachment 159791
Did something similar years ago when I was more into mechanicing, bought Autoglym spray bottles to decant it into, but these days use the aerosol varoety with the flip out straw!

I suspect you may never use it all :dk:

Bargain though. I buy huge quantities of all sorts of stuff and never use it!
Oh it will get used , doubt it will last 2 years . It will be pride of place in the Wighty Global HQ
IMG_1597.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom