SE gtg Saturday 11th Feb 06

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
scotth_uk said:
Please pencil me in for a non-overnight.

I'll park the Mini round the back. :-(

Afraid you'll have to park at the front, we are round the back :p
Seriously though, my mrs wants to have a look at your mini as she fancies a cooper s :crazy:

Well what next......... Pammy intimidating a friend into getting married so she has an excuse not to attend a "Southern" gtg. Maybe its cos there won't be any flat caps and whippets.

Reactions: PJH
I'll bring the mini, and might get my cousin to come along in his cooper s. I drove it on the weekend - yeeha!

Reactions: PJH
Looking at trading the Cooper in for an S when the mrs get back from Iraq :cool: I love them :bannana:

Thmsshaun said:
Looking at trading the Cooper in for an S when the mrs get back from Iraq :cool: I love them :bannana:

Going O/T for a moment :rolleyes:
I think one would be ok for the mrs, but have they improved the leg room from the older versions?
I took my test in an old 1984 mini and was all scrunched up :crazy:

GRAV888 said:
I think one would be ok for the mrs, but have they improved the leg room from the older versions?
BMW Minis are much bigger than the original Minis.

Pietre said:
Well what next......... Pammy intimidating a friend into getting married so she has an excuse not to attend a "Southern" gtg. Maybe its cos there won't be any flat caps and whippets.

carefull...you yorkshireist? I am from up here and i am coming and i shot the whippet for eating my cap....so just watch it. southern softies :D

GRAV888 said:
Afraid you'll have to park at the front, we are round the back :p
Seriously though, my mrs wants to have a look at your mini as she fancies a new dress
;)

Sorry for altering your text, I just couldn't control my typ-ist

Regards,
John

GRAV888 said:

Staying off topic.
I once drove the 'real' mini (Much older than a 1980 model though :) ) and the front leg room was excellent, far roomier than quite a few Cortina sized saloons, but I am only 6' 7" Sorry for going off topic.

John

talking of minis (OT I know but whippets pending, i shall risk it) anyone seen RVY242P around, was my first car, absolute rubbish it was. 850mini with wide wheels and one of them louvered rear windows and playboy rabbits on the side.. it lasted 3months before i found someone willing to part with actual money for it!

i had to break into it every morning as the lock was duff. the joys of being 18 and having your own car eh! complete cak. insurance was £401 3rd party f&t, it was worth £200 if you were an idiot. which he was when he bought it...so much so he bought it from me just a week after losing his licence thru D&D!

anyhow. i am unsure if I am staying overnight at the mo as i shall be visiting brother and sis-in-law for the week and coming over on the 11th from sarfend, so i may stay a few hours then drive home...or i could stay the night and drive home the following day....but that seems pointless. there, back on topic again. :eek:

NW_Merc said:
Are we having a northern gtg closer to christmas or maybe in the New year?

Not as far as I know, but keep your eyes open in the events section.
One might pop up, you never know :)

BTW. I've spoken to Steve and he will put this GTG in the diary and bring his box of tricks with him just in case!

GRAV888 & Mrs (In surprise new MB ) Overnight - yes
Thmsshaun - Fingers crossed I'll pencil it in now
SportscoupeRich - shouldnt be a problem!Not overnight - i live 20 mins away.
BTB 500 - yup I should be able to make it, not overnight
Ray and Therese. Time booked off so We'll probably make a weekend of it.
Ian not sure about Mrs - Overnight? dont know yet.
Maff - no overnight
Wheelie- no overnight
R2D2 plus son not overnight. Will try and get Steve along this time
Scumbag. . overnight a possiblity!
c240sport97 - no overnight
PJH - no overnight
Pietre-????? overnight depends on how much I can save up.
machasm - no overnight
Jaymanek - no overnight
ShazAMG - Not overnight
zishan03 - will try my best to be there to put some faces to the names but I have a coursework in the next day so depends on whether I get that finished early.
Jim T - no overnight, provided I can manage to get into the uk for the W/end
C43 not overnight- hopefully
Pammy n hubby - overnight etc if parents are feeling charitable
Tan - Will try and make this, my last GTG as a single man. I fly out to get married a fews days after. Not overnight.
MB190E + B/F - Over night depends on how much as we are going to Oz on the 1st March.
W210 Fan - prob wont stay, but then they serve Vodka, mmmmmm, Ill just turn up and see what happens as Grav has promised me his E55 for a Cadburys Curly Wurly
Scotth uk - Mini Cooper - overnight - no
Scott's cousin - Mini Cooper S - overnight - no
Steve the mechanic - Box of tricks - overnight - no
benzed-up - overnight - no

GRAV888 & Mrs (In surprise new MB ) Overnight - yes
Thmsshaun - Fingers crossed I'll pencil it in now
SportscoupeRich - shouldnt be a problem!Not overnight - i live 20 mins away.
BTB 500 - yup I should be able to make it, not overnight
Ray and Therese. Time booked off so We'll probably make a weekend of it.
Ian not sure about Mrs - Overnight? dont know yet.
Maff - no overnight
Wheelie- no overnight
R2D2 plus son not overnight. Will try and get Steve along this time
Scumbag. . overnight a possiblity!
c240sport97 - no overnight
PJH - no overnight
Pietre-????? overnight depends on how much I can save up.
machasm - no overnight
Jaymanek - no overnight
ShazAMG - Not overnight
zishan03 - will try my best to be there to put some faces to the names but I have a coursework in the next day so depends on whether I get that finished early.
Jim T - no overnight, provided I can manage to get into the uk for the W/end
C43 not overnight- hopefully
Pammy n hubby - overnight etc if parents are feeling charitable
Tan - Will try and make this, my last GTG as a single man. I fly out to get married a fews days after. Not overnight.
MB190E + B/F - Over night depends on how much as we are going to Oz on the 1st March.
W210 Fan - prob wont stay, but then they serve Vodka, mmmmmm, Ill just turn up and see what happens as Grav has promised me his E55 for a Cadburys Curly Wurly
Scotth uk - Mini Cooper - overnight - no
Scott's cousin - Mini Cooper S - overnight - no
Steve the mechanic - Box of tricks - overnight - no
benzed-up - overnight - no
DorianT & Jan - Overnight yes, can't miss a few beers with Grav...

Last edited by a moderator:
doriant said:
DorianT & Jan - Overnight yes, can't miss a few beers with Grav...
Super super cool. :bannana:
This is gonna be one hell of a night then.
Maybe we should persuade Maff to stay too ;)

its a yes for me + friend, no overnight. im coming from stratford-upon-avon and having never travelled in the london area before any tips for the best route to take would be greatly appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom