• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Service plans doubled overnight?

dk189

Car
C350
I was looking for a service plan for my new AMG and up to 31st of December I was able to see £504 / year and it included service and MOT. I now logged in again today to finalise the quote and the price has doubled to £1000! This is just beyond ludicrous.

I was looking for a service plan for my new AMG and up to 31st of December I was able to see £504 / year and it included service and MOT. I now logged in again today to finalise the quote and the price has doubled to £1000! This is just beyond ludicrous.
Maybe ring them and ask for the £504 one ?

Mercedes are crazy if they think there will be a big uptake in their service plan if they intend charging £1k a year for service and MOT.
In fact I think its daylight robbery for an AMG.
4 years ago my plan, was £1800 in total for 3 services on an E63.

This is what Mercedes would charge for my 14 year old 133k mile bog standard C class estate.
Not a chance in hell I'd take up this offer even if it does give you Mobilo breakdown.

C-Class
Annual mileage 3,500Current mileage 133,054
Model
Plan
My details
Payment details
Checkout
Choose a Service Plan

Select a plan and choose how you would like to pay.

Spread your costs Set up a monthly Direct Debit to pay for your Service Plan over 12-72 months at no extra cost. Complete the details below to request a call back from your preferred Mercedes-Benz Authorised Repairer.Upfront costsIf you’d like to pay for your Service Plan upfront, please complete the details below to continue with the purchase of your plan.
Service Plan options

C-Class

iris.jpg

C-Class

ServiceCare
Paid upfront
ServiceCare 2 services and 2 MOTs
£1,080.00Price is based on the number of services purchased

ServiceCare 3 services and 3 MOTs
£1,620.00Price is based on the number of services purchased

ServiceCare 4 services and 4 MOTs
£2,160.00

This is what Mercedes would charge for my 14 year old 133k mile bog standard C class estate.
Not a chance in hell I'd take up this offer even if it does give you Mobilo breakdown.

C-Class
Annual mileage 3,500Current mileage 133,054
Model
Plan
My details
Payment details
Checkout
Choose a Service Plan

Select a plan and choose how you would like to pay.

Spread your costs Set up a monthly Direct Debit to pay for your Service Plan over 12-72 months at no extra cost. Complete the details below to request a call back from your preferred Mercedes-Benz Authorised Repairer.Upfront costsIf you’d like to pay for your Service Plan upfront, please complete the details below to continue with the purchase of your plan.
Service Plan options

C-Class

iris.jpg

C-Class

ServiceCare
Paid upfront
ServiceCare 2 services and 2 MOTs
£1,080.00Price is based on the number of services purchased

ServiceCare 3 services and 3 MOTs
£1,620.00Price is based on the number of services purchased

ServiceCare 4 services and 4 MOTs
£2,160.00
So which one have you opted for Rog? 2, 3 or 4 years??? 😁

Checked for mine 2 days ago and it was £49/month for three years and three services. I'll just check again now and see......

Just checked, now £51/month

What model of AMG do you have?

I don’t suppose you previously looked at paying for 2 services over 24 months and now you’re looking at paying for 2 services over 12 months are you?

For me at least, the service plan website defaults to 2 services over 12 months (those things beinh the minimum number of services and the minimum number of monthly payments).

Nice of Mercedes to include 2 MOTs that aren’t even needed!

Also not sure how they work it out as the car is saying next service due in 550 miles 😆IMG_6858.jpeg

Nice of Mercedes to include 2 MOTs that aren’t even needed!

Also not sure how they work it out as the car is saying next service due in 550 miles 😆View attachment 151396

I am assuming that this covers 4 years - inspection/service/inspection/service - correct? If so, then the two MOTs will be tear 3 and year 4.

Reactions: MeQ
I am assuming that this covers 4 years - inspection/service/inspection/service - correct? If so, then the two MOTs will be tear 3 and year 4.

Possibly although the complete care package was available for longer periods so it’s unclear. The blurb also mentions oil and spark plugs 🙄

£1,296 for two pollen filters and one brake fluid change? What else is there to do? Oh and video of underneath and look at the brakes.

If it's for 4 years and includes 2 MOTs, then it's not so bad. And presumably the battery system's non conductive coolant needs changing as well?

Reactions: MeQ

Just before Christmas I spoke to my local dealership and I was quoted £73/month for 2/3/4 years plans. Having just looked on the website it's now quoting me £76/month for the same service plans.
As @Bobby Dazzler suggests, you may be looking at a different service plan setup.

I phoned my local dealership,renewed for b a b services. for £49 pcm,it increased by £3 a month!

I need to look into servicing as my existing service plan has run out. They want £1540 for a two year plan (one A and one B) which I think is a bit steep. Does anyone know a good independent around the North Essex area??
Luckily I have till September to sort it
kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom