w202 - getrag conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see why not with some mods.

the getrag is indeed available with both long and short input shafts.

the short input is (thankfully) even rarer than the long input.

a member on hear brought a twin mass flywheel from me a couple of years ago, as a mechnic broke his from giving it a boot full on the way to an mot test and this was with a totally standard 3.0 24v engine.

there seems to be some error in the advice given above.

the short input shaft is for use with the duel mass flywheel, and the long input is for the single mass flywheel.

therefore, if the op is shooting for big power, and requires the single mass flywheel, he should be looking for the more available LONG INPUT box.

they are easy to identify, if you stand the box on its bell housing, the short input box will not rock, because the short input shaft does not protrude.

the long input box will not stand upright because the long input shaft protrudes out past the bell housing.

the getrag is indeed available with both long and short input shafts.

the short input is (thankfully) even rarer than the long input.
the short input shaft is for use with the duel mass flywheel, and the long input is for the single mass flywheel.
therefore, if the op is shooting for big power, and requires the single mass flywheel, he should be looking for the more available LONG INPUT box.
they are easy to identify, if you stand the box on its bell housing, the short input box will not rock, because the short input shaft does not protrude.
the long input box will not stand upright because the long input shaft protrudes out past the bell housing.

Curiouser annd curiouser. The Getrag I have comes with dual mass F/W but the input shaft protrudes 6mm beyond the mating face. :dk: so is there a possible medium length available?

On the non Getrag box which has a single mass FW the shaft is 13mm past the face.

its going on dta s60

custom made ttv single mass flywheel and clutch from spec in usa will see that side of things sorted

i am going to use a gt3582r with external wastegate
custom exhaust manifold
3" exhaust system
190 cosworth rear lsd
60lb injectors
bosch 044 fuel pump
arp head studs
ferriday engineering decompression plate
r&r custom h section steel rods
big intercooler
and alot of boost :bannana::bannana:

Hello,

What head studs did you use. I only ask because I am doing the head gasket on my 3.6 M104 engine and would like to update my head studs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom