W210 SRS Common Fault (and other models)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,
I've just fitted an emulator to my 2001 E320CDi estate as the SRS light is on and the light flashes on the emulator but the SRS light comes back on!
Anyone had a similar experience? The MOT is due next week DOH!

cheers
Chris

I had to get the fault cleared on mine

I had to get the fault cleared on mine

Di you have to use a STAR reader or was it a general one?
I have a cheap code reader & the adapter lead but it won't communicate with the car :(

Scratch that - I've just read you comment above!

You may find there is nothing wrong with the sensor at all, it is just a broken wire. I had this problem a few years ago, it was caused through the sensor cable not being sufficiently flexible and fracturing.

The solution is to bare the wires near the seat sensor (seat removed) and test for continuity. If, as most likely, one or more of the wires is broken, simply cut the cable near the sensor and near the connector, then replace with a suitably flexible three-core cable soldered in place at each end. Costs next to nothing apart from an hour or so to remove/refit the seat!

electrical fault or mechanical

hi there,
i got a c200 coupe auto 2005 mercedes, it kept warning me for the past couple of days showing a sign of the battery alternator, then today i took it to kwik fit as they have a free battery check and they checked both my battery and the alternator which seemed to have no problem, i then took the car home and as i were ready to leave my house 45 mins later the car would not start and it were showing four malfunctions, display fault visit work shop, battery alternator visit work shop, srs and also one of esp.. so i tried looking at the battery and round the car then tried start it again, it started this time but the headlights wouldn't go on neither with the screen wipes then switched it off and when i tried to start the car again it wouldnt start...any ideas of what is wrong with it and what i could do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom