• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 service Intervals and service plan

Maher1

Car
E220 (W212) 2016
Hi,

I'm new to Mercedes cars...I always had BMW.

So please be gentle..:thumb:

My car is on 2 year lease.

I have few question in regards to services.

1. What are the service intervals? From your experience how many A & B services will I have, I will be doing approx 16,000mls p/a.

2. Is it worth going for the service plan or just pay as you need? I've been quoted £30 p/m

Also, is there anyone on here with Mercedes Lease rules on gettin cars serviced by local Indy rather than main dealer? Just wanted to know how strict are they?

Thank you in advance.

Roughly one a year for servicing unless particularly high mileage, I believe the cars electronics works out what is required.
I don't have a service plan and the first service was around £250, my second service is due soon but I believe around twice the price of the A service, mine is done at main dealership and I believe my lease specifies main dealership but blowed if I can find the paperwork at moment.
There is a wealth of knowledge on here so someone may be along soon to help.

I've been quoted £170 for A service and £240 for B service by Indy, PREMIER SERVICES in Leicester.

He has told me that they get a lot of Merc Lease cars and they have no issues when returning the vehicle at end of lease!

Has anyone on here had any experience with Mercedes Premier Service in Leicester?

Cheers.

For £30/month I'd go for the plan.

You'll definitely need two services and possibly three so you're looking at max £180/service on the plan. My 'A' Service at MB Watford was more than that.

Edit: just noticed your follow up post, I'd triple check that with MB rather than listen to the indy telling you "it'll be OK," he's not got anything to lose. I seem to remember swingeing charges for missing a service in the terms of the lease and fairly certain they mandated main-dealer only.

Second edit - just realised my maths were wrong... I'd still go for the service plan, £30/month is easily forgotten.

Last edited:
Good point Matt. Thanks

If it's leased from MB Finance then it's got to be serviced by a dealer (or an authorised repairer, but there are very few, if any, of those left now).

The cars have been on fixed servicing intervals for years now - 12mths or 15,500 miles.

It *might* be a little cheaper doing it as PAYG rather than the service contract, but you could end up having to shop around trying to negotiate price, arguing over a courtesy car etc. I think the service plans should be cheaper, but I suppose they at least make the process easy.

Yes, I think I'll go for the service plan. As the individual services don't give courtesy car and also don't cover ADBlue top up (which I've been told is around £14 per 10litres, the car needs 25L).

I've been to that the service plan should cover all consumables + courtesy car as well.

I'll probably get the plan in Aug/sept time by D/D. As my first service won't be required until Dec/Jan.

Your lease contract will be the only way to be sure what the servicing 'requirements' are. Clearly, there wouldn't be a problem with franchised dealer servicing and it wouldn't really be the indy having the problem if the servicing wasn't in accordance with the contract.

When you say the service plan includes consumables, is that correct? They normally cover all normal service scheduled items, ie filters, brake fluid change etc at the recommended mileage/time, but don't generally cover consumables such as tyres, brake discs /pads etc.. However, if your plan is a dealer-specific one, then those items could be included. It might be worth clarifying with them, as some people have had differing views on what is / isn't included.

Sorry My bad...

What I meant by consumables was Adblue, coolant, other lubricants. Not tyres, wipers brakes etc.

But yes as you said it will be my problem if MBFinanace kicks up a fuss with me serviceing at Indy and not indy's problem.

So for sake of £200-300 I'll play it safe and get the service plan nearer the time.
As I think you can buy it 3 months before the service is due?!

Okay, that clarifies re consumables.

Amongst other reasons, the dealer servicing requirement ensures that the car can be retailed through the approved-used scheme at the end of the lease.

I don't know about the 3 month issue, but presumably the end result would be that you end up continuing to pay the service contract after the car's been returned, assuming it's a 2-year 2-service contract.

I agree with you Tonysmb, I'll just get the plan now and then ill only have a 1 month left to pay after i have returned the car.

Has anyone had anything thrown in for free for taking out a Service Plan??

Last edited:
Has anyone had anything thrown in for taking a Service Plan out with Merc?

Please see attached extract from my lease contract, it's States that the car must be serviced at a 'Official Network Workshop'

But does not state 'Mercedes Official Network Workshop'!

Do guys think I will get away with arguing when the time comes that 'Official' workshop can be any VAT registered garage as long as they have followed Mercedes service requirements and used genuine parts?!

What are your opinions?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 19
Whilst stating "Official Workshop network", which you highlighted, it then goes on to state "Full details of the locations of Mercedes-Benz Official Workshops can be found at (website)", in other words "This is where you should take it".

Personally I wouldn't risk taking it outside the network as the charge to compensate they mention could be quite high if they disagree with your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom