What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought the replacement for my R230 2006 SL500, a R231 2012 SL500

Very nice. Should pass anything on the road but a petrol station!

I've already enquired about the private mid air refuelling system ;-)

Just spent three hours giving my clk a wash and wax. Just got it back from body shop where it had the bonnet resprayed and also had the front rims refurbed. She’s looking smart and ready for Benz on the Green!

Researched the IR receiver. Convenience locking works on the recirculation but not the door. Bought a new chip for it. Bought a new rear wiper blade. Finally got the chance to see the HRW in action. Needs four dots of slerp* Ran through the heater flaps. Defroster flaps don't and nor do the footwell flaps. I have new levers for the latter and will try fixing those first but will order a motor tomorrow in case one is needed. Learned a little more about Star, before trying to get it to connect to the car.
Reprogrammed the remotes to open on one click and set up various light delays which reminded me to go out and check the auto light switch which works. Yippee!
Observed substantial increase in my cost of living due to Woman Belong Me making full advantage of the increased bootspace on grocery foraging expedition. Noted for when she starts to complain about the size of the car...

*Silver loaded epoxy resin paste

Booked her in for new exhaust system with @alexanderfoti , thanks Alex . That was an expensive trip to York!

New serpentine belt tensioner fitted

Ordered yet MORE parts from MB :wallbash:

This week my SL has had an engine oil and filter change, brake fluid change and the engine coolant replaced, all done by Welwyn Merx.

Collected mine from the menders this morning. New power steering hose required. £305 all in.

On Wednesday I handwashed it & towel dried it ready trip to Wiltshire. Glossy.

Yesterday I fitted a vast garden table & chairs set in it from B&Q. Roomy.

Today I stuck the bootliner in ready for a bit of garden clearance precipitated by the new patio furniture. Handy.

Left mine with a recommended paint shop for 3 days to have the bonnet repainted to cover off the stone chips and road rash on it that the previous owner had put a PPF cover over. Paint is 100% perfect match to the car and will now be getting a new PPF cover put on in a week or so.

Had roof out for cutting.vents out for next retro fit
00f262ca1da2bc18c8e530f6e5fe95b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fixed comand wheel by fitting a new aluminium shaft

Fitted new MANN cabin filter

Didn't attempt the back brakes but found the busted plastic around the bootlid and glued it up. Secured a hose in the engine bay with a plastic rivet.
Pulled the driver's door handle out, snapped off the tabs and removed the IR receiver. Pulled the clear gunge off the circuit board and looked for the dry joint under a powerful microscope. There it was, just where predicted. Half a minute's work with the rechargeable soldering iron (Lidl - bought not expecting much but it has been a VERY good investment.) and plugged it into then trailing wire. Windows obediently rolled open so I made up a blob of body filler to replace the removed gunge and glue the receiver back to the lock block. Five minutes later it was set and installed.Drove it fifty miles to the airfield and back in air conditioned comfort with the radio on, the route on the screen and the phone connected to the car.
It feels so good to be back in a proper motor car.

Well seeing as I had the day off, I got the autosol out and polished all the chrome to within an inch of its life. Then I couldn’t resist washing her down and giving her a quick detail with the Megiures so the paint shone like the chrome. She’s shining like a new pin now and even though I’m knackered I have the biggest grin....

Took it out and discovered that the aircon doesn't seem to be that cold, time for a regas I guess. How much is that going to cost me :(

Dumped old bike shed.

Vacuumed interior.

Fitted Bluetooth dongle for streaming.

And found my MMI cable is bust.

Off to eBay......

Replaced the rear discs and pads. Ordered flexies which will need changing, too. Read up on method for removing flexies without ruining the rigid pipes!

Put in the Vin for the SLK to find out the exact build spec.
Looked at both of them parked in the drive :cool: then got on with clearing out the studio :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom