What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went to the supermarket in one.

When I got back home I realised that my wife had sent me a message asking me to get something, and I completely missed it.

Swapped cars and went to a different supermarket I’m a different car. Good to give them both a run though.

Gave it a bit of a wash as I've currently not been using it due to being locked in and having nowhere to go anyway. :(

It moved from the garage, where it had got covered in dust for some reason, to outside on the front. It then got washed and it's now back in the garage, though this time with the battery on charge due to lack of use. I'll hopefully get to go somewhere in it next week but it's getting to the stage that I can't be bothered.

Need a couple of meets organising to get me back in the mood.

Gratuitous picture taken after cleaning this morning: -

Front Clean.jpg

I fitted the wind deflector to Missy and it looks pretty good (thanks @MrPoseidon), then put it back in the box till I can use it for real.

Will wash both the 'girls' later as they look like they've got half the Sahara over them! 🏜

I fitted the wind deflector to Missy and it looks pretty good (thanks @MrPoseidon), then put it back in the box till I can use it for real.

Will wash both the 'girls' later as they look like they've got half the Sahara over them! 🏜
Why not just leave it on??

I wonder what my SL would look like with half a Sarah over it........... :eek:😇:devil:

Both 'girls' washed, all clean and shiny 😎

I re-secured the heatshield on the right rear silencer, the spring clip had disappeared
strange how the shield seemed to be complete unattached but couldn’t come out. it just rattled.
never heard it inside the car though

Gave it a bit of a wash as I've currently not been using it due to being locked in and having nowhere to go anyway. :(

It moved from the garage, where it had got covered in dust for some reason, to outside on the front. It then got washed and it's now back in the garage, though this time with the battery on charge due to lack of use. I'll hopefully get to go somewhere in it next week but it's getting to the stage that I can't be bothered.

Need a couple of meets organising to get me back in the mood.

Gratuitous picture taken after cleaning this morning: -

View attachment 96879
That does look good Dave. Are you allowed out or are you in high-risk isolation?
Mid-week mini-meet sometime?

Finally got round to putting the summer wheels on the E500.. It's coming out of lockdown on 1st June.

IMG_0613 (2).jpeg

That does look good Dave. Are you allowed out or are you in high-risk isolation?
Mid-week mini-meet sometime?

Another couple of weeks of self isolating yet, as my immune system is compromised due to my daily diet of tablets apparently. This is now my 10th week so I'm sure another 2 won't be that difficult. I've not much to do anyway, so I may as well wander around the house a bit longer. There comes a limit on how much decorating and cleaning one can do though...

I may take it out for a quick run next week, as alluded to in my earlier post, but will be minimising human contact for a bit longer.

Started machine polishing my SL, failed miserably! Must be very hard top coat as I hardly touch it. Given up for now 😢

What are you using, machine, pad and polish?
6" da machine, generic pad (I've used the same ones on other cars to good effect) and 3M fast cut polish. I also tried after with autoglym polish too. Can you recommend anything different?

Another couple of weeks of self isolating yet, as my immune system is compromised due to my daily diet of tablets apparently. This is now my 10th week so I'm sure another 2 won't be that difficult. I've not much to do anyway, so I may as well wander around the house a bit longer. There comes a limit on how much decorating and cleaning one can do though...

I may take it out for a quick run next week, as alluded to in my earlier post, but will be minimising human contact for a bit longer.
Keep on keeping on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom