What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today I realised that despite using it several times each week throughout, during 2020 my AMG GT C has only been to the supermarket, Starbucks, the detailer, and a clothes shop my wife likes. I really am looking forward to driving for the sake of driving again!

Today I realised that despite using it several times each week throughout, during 2020 my AMG GT C has only been to the supermarket, Starbucks, the detailer, and a clothes shop my wife likes. I really am looking forward to driving for the sake of driving again!
I’ve been very lucky during this crisis, I’ve worked all the way through, and being classed as essential I’ve been able to go out in my car on good days like today, or on rainy days take the wife’s as she’s working from home.

Finally fitted the Apple Car play module that's been sitting on my desk since Christmas. I picked it up second hand off Ebay for £150.

I did a test fit a few months ago but realised that it was going to a major hassle to fit properly as space is really tight behind the Comand unit.

Ended up dismantling more than I thought and the CarPlay module in the glove box.

Took nearly 6 hours to do it but it works really well. A worthwhile upgrade!

IMG_0633.jpegIMG_0647.jpegIMG_0648.jpeg

Finally fitted the Apple Car play module that's been sitting on my desk since Christmas. I picked it up second hand off Ebay for £150.

I did a test fit a few months ago but realised that it was going to a major hassle to fit properly as space is really tight behind the Comand unit.

Ended up dismantling more than I thought and the CarPlay module in the glove box.

Took nearly 6 hours to do it but it works really well. A worthwhile upgrade!

View attachment 97058View attachment 97059View attachment 97060
Is that the airbag on the seat? 😳😀

Is that the airbag on the seat? 😳😀
Ha - that would have been a disaster ! .... that's my safety sack to keep the Comand unit in while I was working. I didn't want to disconnect every wire so I wrapped it so it didn't scratch the cents console. Bloody heavy unit.

Got new front tyres fitted today - GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5.
DOT 1920 - i.e. three weeks old :cool: - I'm easily impressed ...

Took the S-Class down to Olly for its Annual ( B ) Service 167,624 miles

Some advisories for next year. Rear Brake lines started to corrode, rear Subframe Bushes and Front Discs.

As per usual First Class Job :thumb: :)

Not today but yesterday.
D service on my CLS55. Usual stuff plus new Pipercross filters, Poly V-belt, Serpentine belt, ATF change (full kit including filter, gasket etc).
50 mile test run today and it's running sweet as...
16 spark plugs next time!!!! 12 months to find a deal.

Took two for a maintenance detail, and drive one to the supermarket (the long way) with the roof down, blooming wonderful 👍🏻

Washed it! Then put hood down and drove to the nearest shop 8 miles away along a nice country road in order to buy something essential ( to avoid breaking Welsh lock down rules) . Realised on arriving that I had no wallet or money, so had to put it into Sport mode and give it a bit of wellie all the way home . Having arrived home realised that I had forgotten what was so essential that we needed it today. Never mind there is alway tomorrow :cool:

Got the SL insured and taxed ready to go tommorow.

I Wanna Break Free ! ! 😎

Same here - will tax the E500 in the morning. I have 500 miles to do this, might as well do them in style!

Made it shiny.

Same here - Machine polished with correction wax and wax. Much harder work than it sounds.

IMG_0678.jpegIMG_0679.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom