What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
some eBay purchased pucks so suit my axle stands
Do you happen to have a link to the pucks dude please?

Do you happen to have a link to the pucks dude please?
Sure. I got these to suit the recess in the sill 2 x Mercedes Benz Rubber Jack Jacking Pad adapter Tool Hard Rubber A B C E G M R 4260446390554 | eBay

And these to suit my particular axle stands. (I think the same seller has others for alternate brands which have a different profile seat on the axle stand)

Careful, if that slips it will heart, A lot.
The upper puck is keyed into the recess in the sill, and the lower puck is keyed into the axle stand. That leaves two high friction flat surfaces to compress against each other under the load of the car. It does require a little extra time to ensure the car lowers centrally onto the ‘stack’.

Appreciate the note of caution, I certainly don’t want to get squashed. First Merc I’ve had and first car with recessed slots in the sills so bit if a head scratcher on how to use axle stands without damaging the car. What does everyone else do?

Put 250 miles on it yesterday (42mpg as well!)
Putting another 250 on it Sunday!

An up and coming road trip to the South of France. Hopefully with lots of roof down driving, led to the purchase of a set of luggage tailored to the C Class Cab. Tried the fit today, it’s perfect. Cannot wait for the day of departure🙃View attachment 128623View attachment 128622

Well that's your wife's luggage sorted. Where are you going to put your bag? On the back seat?

Well that's your wife's luggage sorted. Where are you going to put your bag? On the back seat?
🤣🤣👍 thought the luggage might help swmbo better understand space restrictions; but no you’re right, I don’t get space in that lot😉

An up and coming road trip to the South of France. Hopefully with lots of roof down driving, led to the purchase of a set of luggage tailored to the C Class Cab. Tried the fit today, it’s perfect. Cannot wait for the day of departure🙃View attachment 128623View attachment 128622
Very cool. I get a strange kick from luggage. Coloured roofs too. You’re winning at life 👍🏻

I really didn’t want to decorate so I convinced Mrs D that it would be a good idea driving around antique shops, furniture shops and garden centres.

The weather has been like the final throws of Armageddon so what went out as a clean car went home absolutely filthy. A normal person might wash it.

Not me I took a different clean car to pick up the furniture we bought whilst driving the other car, so it also had to drive through the same fields and lanes and got filthy too.

It’s the first time I’ve driven one of them for three months or so though, so it was great to take it out for a spin, love that car. Decorating avoided to do a great day too.

Sure. I got these to suit the recess in the sill 2 x Mercedes Benz Rubber Jack Jacking Pad adapter Tool Hard Rubber A B C E G M R 4260446390554 | eBay

And these to suit my particular axle stands. (I think the same seller has others for alternate brands which have a different profile seat on the axle stand)
Cool, thanks dude I'll check them out! :)

I must be getting old , just bought a B180 d SE on an 18 plate .Decided that with my retirement moving closer we would reduce to two cars. My wife found the steering on the BMW X1 too heavy so for the past three years has been driving an old Peugeot 1007 . She wanted to get a Seat Arona and after trawling through the `net I decided to look at what Mercs would suit both our requirements and budget . A class was too cramped for her, C Class too big. Saw that a B class was "due in" at the local dealer and called in on the offchance that it had arrived. It was awaiting prep in the workshop and we struck a deal so now look forward to collecting it next week. Still have the Boxster for high days and holidays , though I must admit I do miss my old 450SL (R107).

Seems the weekend storms came from the Far East.. (no not Essex!) along with some fine sand... all the cars in my street were covered in it.. Mrs757's coupe got the first wash.. The
20220620_134025.jpg20220620_134013.jpg20220620_133920.jpgG wagen wears dirt well!!
no time today.. the SL was luckily wearing her full car cover and tucked away in the garage.

Seems the weekend storms came from the Far East.. (no not Essex!) along with some fine sand... all the cars in my street were covered in it.. Mrs757's coupe got the first wash.. The
G wagen wears dirt well!!
no time today.. the SL was luckily wearing her full car cover and tucked away in the garage.
Lol, my road is so bad my car gets covered in sand daily! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom