What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely Toe. Existing horn is shameful. I’d rather have a minor collision than have to sound it.

Incidentally my indie has got a top of the range 119 Vito crew van. Cost over £50k. Same crappy horn as my poverty spec van. Sounds like Mrs Ants mobility scooter horn. 🤪

http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products.asp?IDserie=6&uso=1&tipologia=auto
I used to fit these to my VW T4's. The standard horn on those was like a bee fart and VW also chose to mount it of all places in the nearside front wheel arch where it got all the road crud thrown over it. I used to extend the wiring up into the engine bay and mount the Nautilus on the slam panel.

http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products.asp?IDserie=6&uso=1&tipologia=auto
I used to fit these to my VW T4's. The standard horn on those was like a bee fart and VW also chose to mount it of all places in the nearside front wheel arch where it got all the road crud thrown over it. I used to extend the wiring up into the engine bay and mount the Nautilus on the slam panel.
Thanks for that Mikey. So that would be a straight replacement with no additional wiring required?

BTW, Bee Fart is the perfect analogy. 👍😂

Thanks for that Mikey. So that would be a straight replacement with no additional wiring required?

BTW, Bee Fart is the perfect analogy. 👍😂
Not sure on your Vito, but on the VeeDubs I always wired it in via a relay to be on the safe side. The wiring on Transporters was always a bit low budget.
Here's one fitted to a Sprinter.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure on your Vito, but on the VeeDubs I always wired it in via a relay to be on the safe side. The wiring on Transporters was always a bit low budget.
Here's one fitted to a Sprinter.
Nice and loud. Italian made batch?

Absolutely Toe. Existing horn is shameful. I’d rather have a minor collision than have to sound it.

Incidentally my indie has got a top of the range 119 Vito crew van. Cost over £50k. Same crappy horn as my poverty spec van. Sounds like Mrs Ants mobility scooter horn. 🤪

LOL. Sounds like the one in my wife's old Clio. About as strident as the one in Noddy's. car.

It was properly embarrassing, actually, when I forgot how shit it was and used in "in anger".

Luckily the Fiat 500 that replaced it is Italian and has a horn almost as powerful as the engine.

I swear it actually slows the car down.

Share pictures of the rear coolant tank.
wish i could. Klasse did it and they raised the car and showed me the back of the engine. looked like a really old tank filled with coolant and it was leaking. half the engine had to be taken apart. i didnt expect such thing in the engine itself, especially plastic.

Ordered replacement rear brake pads for the taxi.
Gone with Powerstop Z16 Carbon ceramic pads from Rock Auto in the USA.
£57 delivered seems OK to me. If they are as good at keeping down the brake dust as the TRW front pads I'll be happy.
Brake pads arrived today from Rock Auto in Wisconcin USA. They took a mere 6 days from ordering so brilliant service from them.
Had to enlarge the hole slightly for the wear sensor to fit but apart from that they look fine.
I'll find out how good they are when I fit them tomorrow.
20210910_104512[1].jpg

20210910_131624[1].jpg
20210910_104534[1].jpg

Brake pads arrived today from Rock Auto in Wisconcin USA. They took a mere 6 days from ordering so brilliant service from them.
Had to enlarge the hole slightly for the wear sensor to fit but apart from that they look fine.
I'll find out how good they are when I fit them tomorrow.
View attachment 118240

View attachment 118242
View attachment 118241
Didn't you change pads on a prior post?
How are these pads in comparison to OE? I've never tried anything apart from OE from Brembo and Textar, and OEM ones from MB (which have both Textar and Brembo stamped here). You suggested the bigger calipers and larger diameter brake rotors.

After a quick dump run I stuck it on the battery charger. Needs a couple of days to get back to full charge.

LOL. Sounds like the one in my wife's old Clio. About as strident as the one in Noddy's. car.

It was properly embarrassing, actually, when I forgot how shit it was and used in "in anger".

Luckily the Fiat 500 that replaced it is Italian and has a horn almost as powerful as the engine.

I swear it actually slows the car down.
Perpetuating the thread drift a bit :rolleyes:, on our trips to Switzerland in the good ol'days, I was always impressed with these :

Didn't you change pads on a prior post?
How are these pads in comparison to OE? I've never tried anything apart from OE from Brembo and Textar, and OEM ones from MB (which have both Textar and Brembo stamped here). You suggested the bigger calipers and larger diameter brake rotors.
That was the front pads, these are the rears.
Haven't been out to really try them out for stopping power today, just bedded them in. The fitment was perfect apart from the wear sensor cut out in the pad being a fraction too small. Easily opened up with a file.
I chose these ceramic pads to reduce the amount off brake dust. OEM leave the wheels filthy after just a short run.

The OEM pads with the Mercedes logo on them were Jurid branded.

Where did I suggest bigger calipers and brake discs? It's not something I've ever recommended to my knowledge?
You must be confusing me with another member.;)

That was the front pads, these are the rears.
Haven't been out to really try them out for stopping power today, just bedded them in. The fitment was perfect apart from the wear sensor cut out in the pad being a fraction too small. Easily opened up with a file.
I chose these ceramic pads to reduce the amount off brake dust. OEM leave the wheels filthy after just a short run.

The OEM pads with the Mercedes logo on them were Jurid branded.

Where did I suggest bigger calipers and brake discs? It's not something I've ever recommended to my knowledge?
You must be confusing me with another member.;)
Keep update on the dust please , I find it a pain especially on inside of rim , I like to look in and see inside clean as well as outside.

Keep update on the dust please , I find it a pain especially on inside of rim , I like to look in and see inside clean as well as outside.
I can recommend TRW low dust ceramic pads.
Using them on the front and they are brilliant.

Got them through Autodoc for around £65.

I can recommend TRW low dust ceramic pads.
Using them on the front and they are brilliant.

Got them through Autodoc for around £65.
Cheers will be trying them on the cls.

Got cls back .
NOx sensors mapped out , running beautifully.
Oil , and filters all done. New battery solved my adaptive lights problem and seems to have resolved easy entry ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom