What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Truly amazing tyres but in the UK you need to keep them for track work or warm and dry summer days, as they need to get warm and stay warm. They even knock spots off the Pilot Sports 4 S in the right conditions but for the other 99.9% of the time they’re not suitable for year round use in the UK.
They didn't have them either its been a right pain ive ended up with 2x 275,35,19 Michelin ps4s for the rear and 2x 245,35,19 Michelin ps4s M01 for the front I dont know the difference between the M01 and standard ps4s apart from the £50 extra per tyre (which I didn't pay)

They didn't have them either its been a right pain ive ended up with 2x 275,35,19 Michelin ps4s for the rear and 2x 245,35,19 Michelin ps4s M01 for the front I dont know the difference between the M01 and standard ps4s apart from the £50 extra per tyre (which I didn't pay)
Just replied to you other post. MO1 is AMG specific.

Take a look here for more information on how tyres differ when they’re car-manufacturer specific.

Take a look here for more information on how tyres differ when they’re car-manufacturer specific.
@Spider10 it looks like I forgot to include the link in the above post!

Take a look at the link below - it includes some information on the differences between tyres developed for Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, etc:

Post in thread 'Visited Pirelli Performance Centre (PPC) in Burton-upon-Trent'
Visited Pirelli Performance Centre (PPC) in Burton-upon-Trent | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

Not sure what you mean, are you referring to the battery or the charging (or jump starting point under the bonnet?

I connected them to the positive terminal of the battery and a nearby earth (not the negative pole on the battery.

Fitting them isn’t a problem when they’re under the bonnet or in the boot, just need a little thought on routing and earth points.

Fitting them when the battery is in the passenger compartment might be a bit more challenging though.
The R231 and some other MBs have a particular type of positive terminal under the bonnet. The metal post has a red plastic cover over it that needs to be pressed down and twisted to expose the post so that a croc clip can be connected. It's needlessly complicated and makes the attachment of an eye connector more difficult. Thanks for your reply anyway.

My mechanic re sealed two rocker cover gaskets, new exhaust rubber, new gear selector bush on my w202 c43.
Today - New rear brake hoses and the gearbox electrical connector, w202 c43 amg

Labour £50.

The R231 and some other MBs have a particular type of positive terminal under the bonnet. The metal post has a red plastic cover over it that needs to be pressed down and twisted to expose the post so that a croc clip can be connected. It's needlessly complicated and makes the attachment of an eye connector more difficult. Thanks for your reply anyway.
Is there a charging post which you could connect to, which is remote from the battery?

I've had the secondary cats and resonator removed today on my W202 C43 and couldn't be happier; it's how they should've sounded from the factory! Whisper quiet when cruising, and then that beautiful V8 rumble when you open the taps 🥰

*Edited to add that I can't speak highly enough of PD Gough, the entire experience was spot-on. I'd definitely recommend anyone in the East Midlands area who are considering exhaust work to give them a call.

I've had the secondary cats and resonator removed today on my W202 C43 and couldn't be happier; it's how they should've sounded from the factory! Whisper quiet when cruising, and then that beautiful V8 rumble when you open the taps 🥰

*Edited to add that I can't speak highly enough of PD Gough, the entire experience was spot-on. I'd definitely recommend anyone in the East Midlands area who are considering exhaust work to give them a call.

Video evidence needed lol. 👍

Safety recall on front drivers airbag. All sorted thanks to MB Chemlsford. 👍

Charged it 😂

Had the EV charger fitted at home today so for first time in 3 weeks I can now charge at home.

MOT completed on one of them. Up at 0530 for a quick spin to warm the engine and pick up a Starbucks before getting to the MOT station for a 0700 test. Passed with clean sheet, and home by 0800.

MOT completed on one of them. Up at 0530 for a quick spin to warm the engine and pick up a Starbucks before getting to the MOT station for a 0700 test. Passed with clean sheet, and home by 0800.
Took another one for a quick spin at lunchtime with Mrs D riding shotgun. Not used it since before Christmas and I can’t remember the last time I had a break in the working day - so off we went for another Starbucks! The car had a spin, I had a break, and my back changed position. Winner.

Put my sun visor down, as sun was glaring in my eyes, got a coffee from MB Chemlsford. Was actually decent 🥴

Is there a charging post which you could connect to, which is remote from the battery?
Ther is probably an alternative post but maybe buried deep somewhere. I may try to dismantle the red assembly and hope that the spring does not "explode" and project the bits to where I can't find them!

Changed oil on E55, had a good look underneath whilst covers were off, nice and dry except for rear main seal weap, but only slight, and hasn’t got any worse in the last year or so. Gave her a good clean.
Mines weeping a bit too on my CLS55 - same engine as yours. Has yours caused any issues on starting the car, or any other issues?? Also, is it worth having the main rear seal changed? My inde says theyve seen countless rear main seal failures across all models of older mercs and their advice is to leave it be. Also they said that even when they have changed them, they can fail again pretty soon afterwards.

Mines weeping a bit too on my CLS55 - same engine as yours. Has yours caused any issues on starting the car, or any other issues?? Also, is it worth having the main rear seal changed? My inde says theyve seen countless rear main seal failures across all models of older mercs and their advice is to leave it be. Also they said that even when they have changed them, they can fail again pretty soon afterwards.
Morning Ross, I don’t think it’s caused any start issues, although I’ve only had the car a year and still on a steep learning curve, I did have a crank no start a while back so changed the CPS, and have had no problems since. Been under the car a fair bit since ownership, so been able to closely monitor RMS, and have done both valve cover gaskets. I still hold my breath when pulling covers to access sump plugs haha.

Morning Ross, I don’t think it’s caused any start issues, although I’ve only had the car a year and still on a steep learning curve, I did have a crank no start a while back so changed the CPS, and have had no problems since. Been under the car a fair bit since ownership, so been able to closely monitor RMS, and have done both valve cover gaskets. I still hold my breath when pulling covers to access sump plugs haha.
HI Matt, thanks for your reply. My main problem right now is it takes 4-5 attempts to start the car and get it stay at idle. It will start, idle for a few secs, then die. Repeat 4-5 times before it settles. Ive changed the crankshaft position sensor, that has made no diffeence. What do you think mate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom