• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Collected one from service at the main dealer, which included a B service, air filters, combination filter and brake fluid.

They also adjusted the exhaust as I wasn’t happy with it after it was removed in March to replace the fuel filter (back order from December). There was a very slight high frequency resonance at times when ticking over and at very low revs, and the tailpipes were hanging very very slightly lower on one side. I have a very keen eye and ear, some might say fussy 👀. It’s too soon to be sure but they assure me that it’s spot on now.

This time last year the dealer told me that it was the oldest car that they look after which has a completely unbroken and perfect service record with all additional items done exactly as per the schedule. They also said it was the only car that they had done the biiiig 15 year service on. Well it’s had the not-quite-so-big 16th year service too now! It’s being detailed on at the weekend too.

It’s one of my all time favourite cars and possibly the best car I’ve ever owned, as it has the broadest range of capabilities. She’s well looked after for a big old family fun bus but she’s well used even now in her retirement from active duty. I got a bit carried away driving her this year having covered 6,500 miles in 12 months, including a tour of the South West in the Summer - it had been a few years since she was in family holiday duty!

Which car is that BD?

Collected one from service at the main dealer, which included a B service, air filters, combination filter and brake fluid.

They also adjusted the exhaust as I wasn’t happy with it after it was removed in March to replace the fuel filter (back order from December). There was a very slight high frequency resonance at times when ticking over and at very low revs, and the tailpipes were hanging very very slightly lower on one side. I have a very keen eye and ear, some might say fussy 👀. It’s too soon to be sure but they assure me that it’s spot on now.

This time last year the dealer told me that it was the oldest car that they look after which has a completely unbroken and perfect service record with all additional items done exactly as per the schedule. They also said it was the only car that they had done the biiiig 15 year service on. Well it’s had the not-quite-so-big 16th year service too now! It’s being detailed on at the weekend too.

It’s one of my all time favourite cars and possibly the best car I’ve ever owned, as it has the broadest range of capabilities. She’s well looked after for a big old family fun bus but she’s well used even now in her retirement from active duty. I got a bit carried away driving her this year having covered 6,500 miles in 12 months, including a tour of the South West in the Summer - it had been a few years since she was in family holiday duty!

This is what she thought retirement would be like. Car spas and sipping only the finest

full

This is what her retirement ending up being like, racing MC20, Enzo and SF90.

full

Which car is that BD?
Just added some photos Toe. It’s a Mercedes-AMG 280 CDi AMG Black Series Track Series AMG Line Premium Plus Night Edition 125 Navi Powered by Brabus.

It is. 1 of 1 built by a McLaren F1 technician as a feasibility study into a hyper SUV in an official collaboration between McLaren Special Operations, AMG and Brabus.

Or it might just be a great big old bus which I love dearly 😁

Just added some photos Toe. It’s a Mercedes-AMG 280 CDi AMG Black Series Track Series AMG Line Premium Plus Night Edition 125 Navi Powered by Brabus.

It is. 1 of 1 built by a McLaren F1 technician as a feasibility study into a hyper SUV in an official collaboration between McLaren Special Operations, AMG and Brabus.

Or it might just be a great big old bus which I love dearly 😁
I'm assuming the former rather than the latter! Looks lovely!

I'm assuming the former rather than the latter! Looks lovely!
It’s neither, it’s just me being daft. It’s a 2007 ML 63 AMG, so that’s the W164 platform with the M156 6.2 V8. A combination which shouldn’t work, but it does, beautifully.

It’s neither, it’s just me being daft. It’s a 2007 ML 63 AMG, so that’s the W164 platform with the M156 6.2 V8. A combination which shouldn’t work, but it does, beautifully.

That is a very "handsome" car.

There is something about the W164 which just clicks for some owners - guess the V8/M156 cements that love.

That is a very "handsome" car.

There is something about the W164 which just clicks for some owners - guess the V8/M156 cements that love.
Thank you. I think it’s the multiple creases over thee wheel arches and absence of privacy glass which gives it a subtly distinctive look.

Today I've replaced the mirror caps with gloss black ones. Also cracked the mirror while doing it so been to Merc to pick up a replacement... expensive mistake!

Today I've replaced the mirror caps with gloss black ones. Also cracked the mirror while doing it so been to Merc to pick up a replacement... expensive mistake!
Unfortunately it happens, join the club. :wallbash::doh::oops::)

Took the car cover off the S63, wiped off the dust that no one else could see but me 😆. Started the car up and pulled it out of the garage to get the fluids warmed up. Revved it a few times once the oil temp was over 80. I had forgotten how good it sounds! Drove it back in thinking I need to drive this car more summer time.

The S65AMG has been used most days for the past 2 weeks and due to the beautiful weather we've been having, I've had to clean it nearly every day as I can't parked it up knowing the car is dirty 😆. I won't mention what time I finished cleaning the car last night 🫣

Apart from cleaning them and burning a lot of fuel on the S65, not much has been done

Took the car cover off the S63, wiped off the dust that no one else could see but me 😆. Started the car up and pulled it out of the garage to get the fluids warmed up. Revved it a few times once the oil temp was over 80. I had forgotten how good it sounds! Drove it back in thinking I need to drive this car more summer time.

The S65AMG has been used most days for the past 2 weeks and due to the beautiful weather we've been having, I've had to clean it nearly every day as I can't parked it up knowing the car is dirty 😆. I won't mention what time I finished cleaning the car last night 🫣

Apart from cleaning them and burning a lot of fuel on the S65, not much has been done
Don’t just warm up the fluids, take it for a spin. Idling from cold for an extended period does a car more harm than good, better to leave it then start it. Much more fun also.

Don’t just warm up the fluids, take it for a spin. Idling from cold for an extended period does a car more harm than good, better to leave it then start it. Much more fun also.

I did move it a few times as like you say, it causes more harm than good. I put the suspension up and down a few times also :)

Well not today but at the weekend i gave mine a good clean and polish. So washed, decontaminated, clayed (with a mitt - i find them so much easier), i then went over the whole car with some compound, another wash and then some wax. The wax im using is superb and im really surprised as i wasn't sure it would be any good when i first looked at it. Chemical Guys Petes 53 Black Pearl. Its weird in that it goes on almost like thin grease, most odd. At first i thought this isn't going to work. But then you can polish it straight off - no hazing first or anything. And it is remarkable. Zero dust and it gives such a nice, deep gloss with no smears. Also, no residue left on the rubber bits. Very impressed and really easy to use. Its apparently best for dark colours and ive used it on the Merc and Alfa. So far it seems to be standing up well to the elements. The Alfa is still beading nicely after a few months. I'll post some piccies but the car is filthy already!

I've had a dechrome front and rear today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107_143420_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_143420_Gallery.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240107_143325_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_143325_Gallery.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 12
I took the E280 cdi Sports Estate thru the "Albanian Car Wash" (!!) and then for its MOT test at 196393 miles.
Passed .... No advisories ... :)
Must have been a good car wash.
It needed it - It was pretty filthy.

I was relieved that there was no tyre damage or alloy wheel damage after encounters with some horrendous pot-holes recently.
My tester told me that he's doing loads of suspension work at the moment caused by bad road condition.
He spent a couple of years working in Australia.
He said that suspension damage was extremely rare there.
Grrrrrr ...... !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom