£4k to spend what would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yikes not a good experience then! Mine was a 270cdi, The expensive stage was between 170k and 220k miles, about £8k in maintenance. Although that did include a major suspension refit along with 2 sets of injectors, both pumps, turbo, radiator, intake manifold to name but a few. Before that it was great, and to be fair was abused a lot!

E500 Vs CLK 500

OK got it down to two cars with a few clean examples of each, so panel what are the pros and cons of the W211 E500 and W209 CLK500.

The one thing that springs to my mind is SBC on the W211

Comments please

TIA

flango said:
OK got it down to two cars with a few clean examples of each, so panel what are the pros and cons of the W211 E500 and W209 CLK500. The one thing that springs to my mind is SBC on the W211 Comments please TIA

As a CLK fan, I would suggest you leave it to the ultimate test. If you pull up outside a mate's house, are they going to think the cab's arrived......

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

As a CLK fan, I would suggest you leave it to the ultimate test. If you pull up outside a mate's house, are they going to think the cab's arrived......

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I agree. Having had both, I'm back in a CLK now and love it. The E is very good, but just a bit ordinary and a bit of a barge. If the CLK didn't exist, I'd have an E in a heartbeat... but it does!

Well i'll buck the trend.

CLK = Style
E = Substance

"£4k to spend what would you buy?"

Well, I'd spend £3.5k on women and drink, and the rest I'd waste....

All right, I'll get my coat.

I know your not keen on a diesel, however for fuel economy and something that goes like a train with plenty of space, I suggest a Volvo S40 D5 :thumb:

Great car and built like a tank:D

or

Jag s type R:devil:

I know your not keen on a diesel, however for fuel economy and something that goes like a train with plenty of space, I suggest a Volvo S40 D5 :thumb:

Great car and built like a tank:D

or

Jag s type R:devil:

or a Remapped e320cdi :thumb:

I'm always happy with the pickup on the 320.

My 911 got annoying as I could never really use the power, handling, etc on today's roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom