• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Another watch thread...............

Yes its crackers,if your face fits etc,if you buy some slow selling jewellery or ladies model then you may be bestowed the great honour. The newer stuff is too blingy for my age so i prefer the older 5 digit references and have a couple of 50 plus year old subs in my collection.
The value of those subs must be eyewatering

The thing that surprises me is that the folk who play the Rolex game clearly have sufficient disposable income, and as such I would think they would be more astute to the fact they are being royally played. It’s not like Rolex is the pinnacle of watchmakers - I’d understand more if we’re talking about the “trinity” watchmakers.
Many Rolex owners have owned them for a long time before they became “trendy”.

Thinking about treating myself to a New Watch, i like the big chunky type of watch, so i fancy a new Vostok Energia, I've narrowed it down to two, what do you think?
Don't hold back,
(As though you would) 🙂
20221227_200912.jpg
20221227_200850.jpg

would be too big for me at 48mm, but I like them.Bold design without being overly 'blingy' ( if that's a word) and the Seiko NH35a is a solid automatic movement. I've always liked the idea of a watch with Tritium tubes. Sometimes even on decent brands the lume is disappointing.

I'm fascinated where people hide to these days...

Screenshot_20221227_215412_Chrome.jpg

My wrists are 7 1/2 inches and a 42mm is the biggest I can wear without looking like I stole my big brother's watch. YMMV, so I'd say if you really like it and it's returnable , give it a go!

I have a 7.25 wrist and I have and wear watches that are 46mm , some may think it’s too big.
Just wear what you like :thumb:

Attachments

• 8F93DC63-4C4F-415F-87E7-12E4D52A4372.jpeg
    8F93DC63-4C4F-415F-87E7-12E4D52A4372.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Just wear what you like :thumb:

Unless you have arm like pencils and fancy the new DS Challenge from Rolex (not that you will be able to buy one anyway)

From 40s , not a good look.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

K

Saw a Bulova in a localish jewellers about a month ago and read up on their history. A bit to bling for me.
View attachment 135003
My first Rolex is the same as that one on the right in the picture. My wife has a Bulova that I got her ~1974. It is in pristine condition because she didn’t like it and rarely wore it. :D :rolleyes: . We’d sell it but it is the typical 70's style “ladies” dress watch. Will have to wait until the fashion swings to small watches again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom