• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Another watch thread...............

Thinking about treating myself to a New Watch, i like the big chunky type of watch, so i fancy a new Vostok Energia, I've narrowed it down to two, what do you think?
Don't hold back,
(As though you would) 🙂
Are these pics the actual size o_O 😁

I have followed the Christopher Ward forum for a couple of weeks, reading up about their bi-annual sales. It seems that when it goes live there is frenzied buying & you are lucky to get a watch in the bag & through the checkout before someone who can type faster has sealed the deal. So, I decided to order one last night using the 10% discount code I already had. A bit disappointed as it was out of stock and delivery wouldn’t be until April
I‘m signed up to Christopher Ward so should get a notification of when the sale starts - no notification received.
I checked in on their forum this morning and there was excitement that the sale might start today. I checked in later and someone had posted that the sale had just started.
There it was, the model I wanted with 30% off.
So purchase made & request sent to Christopher Ward customer services to cancel last nights purchase

Last edited:
Reactions: JHS
I have followed the Christopher Ward forum for a couple of weeks, reading up about their bi-annual sales. It seems that when it goes live there is frenzied buying & you are lucky to get a watch in the bag & through the checkout before someone who can type faster has sealed the deal. So, I decided to order one last night using the 10% discount code I already had. A bit disappointed as it was out of stock and delivery wouldn’t be until April
I‘m signed up to Christopher Ward so should get a notification of when the sale starts - no notification received.
I checked in on their forum this morning and there was excitement that the sale might start today. I checked in later and someone had posted that the sale had just started.
There it was, the model I wanted with 30% off.
So purchase made & request sent to Christopher Ward customer services to cancel last nights purchase
C63 too!

Very nice 👌🏻

Just pulled the pin on one of these today , got fed up waiting on the AD and their questionable waiting lists (2 years now) so bit the bullet and went for a pre-owned one , at least i get the chance to wear it before i become too frail to lift the thing.

Picking it up on Wednesday. :banana:

Told the wife it will be the last one , however the Tudor BB chrono (panda) looks nice and everyone needs a white faced watch in their collection , dont they ?

K

Just noticed the glass on my omega has cracked. Turns out it’s a type of plexiglass. You learn something every day!

Just pulled the pin on one of these today , got fed up waiting on the AD and their questionable waiting lists (2 years now) so bit the bullet and went for a pre-owned one , at least i get the chance to wear it before i become too frail to lift the thing.

Told the wife it will be the last one , however the Tudor BB chrono (panda) looks nice and everyone needs a white faced watch in their collection , dont they ?

K
Nice! Like the Mercedes logo too. 🙂👍

K
Lovely. Is that the James Cameron?

Lovely. Is that the James Cameron?

Yes , 126660 - Deep Blue. Only the JC has the coloured (Blue fading to black) , it was made to commemorate his dive to the deepest part of the ocean in the Mariana Trench so there is a bit of history there plus the engineering required to make something function at those depths is impressive.

I originally "ordered" one around two years ago from the AD knowing we had our 30th wedding anniversary in 2022 plus i was contemplating retiring last year so the watch was going to be a special watch for double special event , however the way the Rolex AD`s distribute their new stock is "strange" to say the least.

With no new watch imminent and there have been a few bumps along the road of life recently i felt that i was not prepared to wait any longer and went for a pre-owned one , especially with the slide in the prices of luxury watches lately.

K

Just noticed the glass on my omega has cracked. Turns out it’s a type of plexiglass. You learn something every day!
It's correct name is "Hesalite" and is still used on the Speedmaster Pro (Moonwatch) to this day.

I've never had one crack on me though they tend to be scratch magnets. Polywatch can be helpful here. :) Other outlets are available (and probably cheaper)

K

Lovely thing Kenny, enjoy it. I bought mine (also grey market) back in 2018 as I loved it and had no chance from an AD. Unfortunately I've never worn it as, due to illness, I had to lose an awful amount of weight. Basically this has put my what used to be 8" wrist size down to under 7" so the thing just looks way too big. It's still in it's box with the original stickers on it which is a shame really.

I have however promised it to a friends son for his 21st, so all is not lost I suppose.

I have however promised it to a friends son for his 21st, so all is not lost I suppose.

Very decent of you :thumb: , i am 56 in a few weeks so if you have a spare car lying around (GT3 RS) then can i have it.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom