Anyone seen any interesting cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
Heya folks,

I was thinking about the numberplate thread and I wondered if it might be interesting to have something similar about interesting cars seen.

The cars have got to be seen in use. So on the road or in a car park is fine, dealership, museum, tv or show doesn't count. and the car doesn't have to be a good car, just an interesting/rare one.

I'll start:

On the M6 on the way home this evening I saw a Nissan Skyline. Not a GT-R but a V35 (according to wikipedia) coupe. quite attractive, and not a car I've ever seen before.

I'll add a couple of older ones too:

Late last year I saw an Overfinch Range Rover on the M62, and in Barcelona last November, I saw a Lexus ISF. perhaps not quite as interesting, but it's still the only one I've seen.

so, your turn.

Dave

Back in about 1976ish when I had my Elan Sprint I had a race around trafalgar square late one morning with a 289 Cobra. The only car ever to really pull away from me when giving it welly.
Does that count?

Today i saw a debadged CLK63 Black series, awesome noise.

Last year i saw a black SLR Mclaren outside my house, it looked amazing and it sounded good as well. :cool:

A couple of years ago I followed a Jaguar XJ220 for a few miles through Newton Mearns, an affluent suburb of Glasgow. Very impressive on the road.

Russ

Bentley Turbo R estate today

I saw a convoy of three Ford RS200s on the M40 some years back

Saw a Bugatti Veyron recently in Beaconsfield - very impressive, posted it in the number plates thread too as it had a neat plate. Sadly didn't get to take a pic.

A few years back - on the roundabout over J3 of the M3, an Aston Martin DB4 Zagato. You don't get many of them to the pound, I believe this one was owned by a certain Mr. N. Mason..

Cheers,

Gaz

Saw 4 Triumph Stags in convoy in West of Ireland 2 years ago, my friend's wife wondered whether they were together !!!!

At the end of the road where I work is the Gumball 3000 HQ so I'm looking forward to seeing some intresting cars in the summer.

The most inresting thus far has been an XJ220 resprayed in Matt Grey. Horrible colour/finish but great car.

Turbo R estate.jpg

Here you go. Probably and ex Arab commission - they seem to like Shooting Brakes.

The other interesting car in there today was the Queens State Limousine, though didn't really want to stand there photographing that !

Heya folks,

I was thinking about the numberplate thread and I wondered if it might be interesting to have something similar about interesting cars seen.

The cars have got to be seen in use. So on the road or in a car park is fine, dealership, museum, tv or show doesn't count. and the car doesn't have to be a good car, just an interesting/rare one.

I'll start:

On the M6 on the way home this evening I saw a Nissan Skyline. Not a GT-R but a V35 (according to wikipedia) coupe. quite attractive, and not a car I've ever seen before.

I'll add a couple of older ones too:

Late last year I saw an Overfinch Range Rover on the M62, and in Barcelona last November, I saw a Lexus ISF. perhaps not quite as interesting, but it's still the only one I've seen.

so, your turn.

Dave

I think THIS is the thread your after :)

I work in Buckingham and have seen quite a few "special" cars from Aston Martin/Jaguar/Land Rover being put through their paces on the local roads. Also when there is a classic or big event at Silverstone you get all sorts milling around the local roads, a few 1960's 250 GTO being the highlight one of which actually came in to our work to use our facilities :), needless to say i didn't do much that day!!

Saw a Jaguar XJS estate car a couple of days ago, couldnt get my phone out quick enough for pics and it was going the other way, missus wouldnt turn round to follow it. :D

I see loads of interesting stuff though as i'm quite active in the the retro/classic/modified car scene.

I have recently seen;

- Merc SLR outside St Pancras
- BMW Z1 in Leeds
- BMW Z8 outside Kings Cross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom