Ball Joint, anti roll bar bushes and track rod ends on 220cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JJM

My W203 has only done 84,000 miles yet all of the above have gone. First on the offside and looks like now on the drivers.

Is this normal or another example of Mercedes poor build quality?

I'd say fairly typical having experienced the same on BMWs and the w202 C-Class at about those miles and at a much earlier mileage on a MKIV Golf.

I agree with Graham - 'only' 84k miles is what I find surprising more than the failure of those items!

UK roads are pretty harsh on all car suspension parts, and 84000 miles of use will certainly be showing on these parts (and others) in most vehicles I would think. Certainly not applicable only to MB.

Will

I do loads of them and you have done well with that milage.

blackC55,

the front suspension is clonky on mine, the ARB bushes were changed at last service. how much are we talking about to change the drop links and the track rod ends?

I say 'only' 84,000 miles as I have had a few cars which i have taken up to high mileages which havent needed this sort of work.

Thanks for the feedback though, it is reassuring

blackC55,

the front suspension is clonky on mine, the ARB bushes were changed at last service. how much are we talking about to change the drop links and the track rod ends?

Labour is going to be about £60+vat

Plus parts.

blackC55,

Ive just dug out my invoices, i was charged;

£55.18 all in for changing a track rod end
£213.64 all in for replacing track crontroller arm?
£99 all in for both front line rods

Ive just dug out my invoices, i was charged;

£55.18 all in for changing a track rod end
£213.64 all in for replacing track crontroller arm?
£99 all in for both front line rods

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was suprised at the amount of suspension work.

I shouldn't be as i do plenty of this type of work myself on the 203's

Thanks guys,

I'll sort something out once I get back from holiday. I thinl I'll be using an Indy though, rather than the main dealer.

I did my own about a month ago (C250), genuine merc bushes were £4.50 each, time taken was two hours. If your not sure, get a haynes manual and learn, it really is a simple job.

Haynes don't do a manual for the W203, and when I contacted them about it they said they had no plans for one :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Haynes don't do a manual for the W203, and when I contacted them about it they said they had no plans for one :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

There must be a business opportunity there somewhere:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom