• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Blue Efficiency injector recall?

I reckon its the counting the pennies approach, but a shortsighted one, because when one fails, mb have the expense of recovery and providing a replacement vehicle through enterprise, the dealer service manager is dealing with the directors office at mb uk regarding authorising replacement of all the injectors, but they are unable to decide, or to give a date when the parts may be available, says they are going to call him on friday.

I reckon its the counting the pennies approach, but a shortsighted one, because when one fails, mb have the expense of recovery and providing a replacement vehicle
I know it's cold comfort in your position (and I could easily transition from "mildly annoyed" to "incandescent" if it were happening to me and I wasn't being well treated), but I doubt MBUK's bean-counters are so inept as to make such a costly error. More likely there is a genuine shortage of replacement injectors and they're trying to keep as many cars on the road as possible by only replacing units that have definitely failed. You're unfortunate in that two have failed on your car.

Were I in your position I'd focus my efforts on ensuring that I had the best loan car possible at zero cost and for as long as I needed it (perhaps a nice new W212 E350 CDI?), and let your dealer and MBUK get your own car sorted 100% even if it took them a couple of months.

Funny you should say that phil, i got a c180 sport as a replacement, when i was told last thursday that it was gonna drag on, i asked to change to diesel, i went to enterprise who had one mb diesel available, they had to phone mb for authorisation, which they agreed to............ so for the forseeable future i'm driving a CLS 320 CDi

DAIMLER

"The luxury automaker faces quality problems for its new flagship diesel engines for the C and E class models, German daily Handelsblatt reports citing an unnamed spokesman. Defect injection nozzles from car parts maker Delphi led to a recall of 25,000 cars in Germany, the newspaper adds. "

German stocks - Factors to watch on October 9 - Forbes.com

I presume these are the new Delphi piezo injectors?

You know, the ones that Delphi said in 2006 it did not need to develop because they could improve the performance of their conventional solenoid injectors enough to avoid investing in development of piezo injector technology?

Bosch, Siemens, Denso & others all knew that piezo technology was the only way that some diesel engines could hope to meet EU5 standards. Delphi have had to play catch up.

Having lived with a Toyota equipped with piezo injectors for a while now, what I can tell you is that they are very, very sensitive to contamination. Does not take a lot for the spray pattern to go to hell leading to noise & poor running.

I feed the beast BP Ultimate or normal diesel with injector cleaner so they stay clean and all is well but a tank or two of cheap diesel produces some roughness.

still no nearer to a date when the new injectors will be available, spoke to mb directors office yesterday, said they will update the dealer on monday..........

I have the official document in fron of me. It makes some interesting reading.

if the newly fitted injector is dropped (in its box) it is deemed faulty and should not be used. How sensitive are these injectors?

Cutting edge technology does not come easily or cheaply.
Be patient .
Or buy a Lexus ,they just copy everything Merc has done
(look at the GS just a w140)
Or is that being bit contraversial

Neebo. (hardcore mercman)

Funny you should say that phil, i got a c180 sport as a replacement, when i was told last thursday that it was gonna drag on, i asked to change to diesel, i went to enterprise who had one mb diesel available, they had to phone mb for authorisation, which they agreed to............ so for the forseeable future i'm driving a CLS 320 CDi

GOOD Call:)

If you do not ask you will not get ,it pays to have a good relationship with your dealer
They are not all out to get you.

Back to lexus ,they have just added a diesel to their massive portfolio of models.

i'm now getting a bit ****** off with this situation, on friday customer service told me that they were now out the equation and have bounced it back to the dealer, the dealer have no idea when the replacement part will be available.............
allegedly they are trialing modified injectors in germany on taxis

Not sure if this will help

Was talking to a guy a mercedes last week and he said they have 5 cars in at the moment with the same issue and have been advised if one injector goes down to replace it and send the car back out. If it then fails again which they all have just park them up and leave them as they are looking into a remedy for it they have had one car for over 5 weeks now and two people are threatening to back the cars now

Clearly the manufacturing process is not ready to produce in volume at the degree of reliability required. I am sure it will be sorted in time but this is a bit of a PR faux pas....any bets that internally the engineers where pushing for more time and the marketing/sales side said we need to launch NOW and the bean counters sided with the revenue stream argument?!

I totally missed this thread, My first injector failed on 5th November with a horrendously loud BANG! maybe the car should have been sat on the top of a bonfire....
To cut a long story it has been with the dealer all last week and I collected last Saturday.
A second injector failed yesterday although it was a more pleasing "engine cut to about 10%" feeling (although not really too happy about it).
I have told them (reluctantly) that I dont want the car anymore as I have only had it 6 weeks now and am looking at the E350.
I really didnt want a bigger engine as the 250 was just great for me but I dont think I can wait this out a few months before they get it fixed!
I am not even confident that they are replacing the faulty injectors with more (possible) faulty injectors?

Does anyone know if the E350 diesels are affected at all?

Damn, I really dont have the extra £6000 to get the E350 (and would prefer the 250) but I wish this was a quick fix :(

I wonder how long before this gets aired on "Watchdog" ?

I wonder how long before this gets aired on "Watchdog" ?

As long as it takes people to complain is suppose

Did you ring Watchdog ?
If no-one rings then the story wont get out, however I wonder how much more Mercedes can actually do to remedy the situation. If they don't actually have the supply of injectors then their hands are tied until such time as they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom