C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find gearbox is the cars weak point, it's easily confused, but then the car is a complicated mix of mechanicals so not surprising it has an odd foible.

Sounds similar to my experiences. Most of the time, gear changes are unnoticeable. Sometimes, however, it does get it wrong.

I agree.

The c220d I had recently had the 9G-MATIC....very nice box, bit smoother....but difficult to compare directly how much smoother to the c350e as it's diesel vs petrol-hybrid too.

The Saga of The HVB Warranty....

....episode 4.

OK, latest bit of news, I now have acknowledgement that the HVB Warranty also includes the electric drive motor as well. None of the ICE, gearbox, driveshaft or rear axle though.

Final step is to get them to include the 'power electronics', again, explicitly listed in that original document as being covered. If/when they do, that will be a result for me.

I do confess though, I had thought it included everything in the drivetrain until I checked, but it doesn't. Clearly stated as such in the document. Must have been thinking of some other brand.

More anon.

I had my first scary moment today - been driving for a few minutes just gone on the motorway slip road, accelerated expecting the ICE to to kick in when I got a loud bang and a jolt and everything red, with the dashboard saying “out of fuel e-mode only available” (or words to that effect). I had half a tank of fuel! So I pulled onto the hard shoulder, turned everything off then on again and pulled off and accelerated and luckily the ICE kicked in. Drove home and everything is fine and normal.

Anyone had this issue, and if so what was it? Hopefully it is a one off, but will give Mercedes a call tomorrow just in case.

I had my first scary moment today - been driving for a few minutes just gone on the motorway slip road, accelerated expecting the ICE to to kick in when I got a loud bang and a jolt and everything red, with the dashboard saying “out of fuel e-mode only available” (or words to that effect). I had half a tank of fuel! So I pulled onto the hard shoulder, turned everything off then on again and pulled off and accelerated and luckily the ICE kicked in. Drove home and everything is fine and normal.

Anyone had this issue, and if so what was it? Hopefully it is a one off, but will give Mercedes a call tomorrow just in case.

Crikey that sounds unpleasant! Best to the dealer asap like you say never experience that so far.....

I have totally lost any faith to dealers what so ever!!!

I got my car back today , they balanced all 4 wheels ... (Took 3 days to do that) and also they managed after 3 visits to put the temperature display on the main screen.

Once more I picked up my car and it was not valeted ... Dirty exterior. And this time I found an empty Co-op coronation chicken sandwich box on the footwell of the passenger side???
I don't ever like coronation chicken so highly unlikely to be mine.

Mercedes denied any knowledge or involvement to the sandwich box.

I am speechless to say the least...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I have totally lost any faith to dealers what so ever!!!

I got my car back today , they balanced all 4 wheels ... (Took 3 days to do that) and also they managed after 3 visits to put the temperature display on the main screen.

Once more I picked up my car and it was not valeted ... Dirty exterior. And this time I found an empty Co-op coronation chicken sandwich box on the footwell of the passenger side???
I don't ever like coronation chicken so highly unlikely to be mine.

Mercedes denied any knowledge or involvement to the sandwich box.

I am speechless to say the least...

You clearly planted the sandwich box for some unknown purpose.....:wallbash:

You clearly planted the sandwich box for some unknown purpose.....:wallbash:
Lol I know like I have no better things to do with my life and day.

Now there a coincidence... Mercedes me stopped working the day I dropped my car to the dealer Monday and started working yesterday morning just before I picked up my car...

So I couldn't track where my car was or what the status was while they had it.

Am I getting too paranoid?

Lol I know like I have no better things to do with my life and day.

Now there a coincidence... Mercedes me stopped working the day I dropped my car to the dealer Monday and started working yesterday morning just before I picked up my car...

So I couldn't track where my car was or what the status was while they had it.

Am I getting too paranoid?

That's really weird, I had the same thing but it carried on not working for a week after and the connection symbol in the car also vanished, they apparently then did some kind of remote reset.

I've had some me troubles this week, climate worked with some effort but the car wasn't reporting charge levels, I didn't check the location but suspect that wouldn't have shown either.

I remember that has been reported before. I believe if you'd gone into Sport mode it would have forced the ICE to start. Not a pleasant occurrence for you!

That's really weird, I had the same thing but it carried on not working for a week after and the connection symbol in the car also vanished, they apparently then did some kind of remote reset.

I've had some me troubles this week, climate worked with some effort but the car wasn't reporting charge levels, I didn't check the location but suspect that wouldn't have shown either.

Mercedes Me wasn't working earlier in the week for me either. It was frozen on it's last known information, and in the top right corner where the refresh information is it was clear it wasn't working. Came back to life yesterday. Must have been a server issue.

When I went for a test drive a few months ago I recall being told the car adapted to your driving style. Is there any information on this e.g. in the manual, I've not been able to find it so far. I'd like to understand better how it thinks.
The follow on question is then is whether there is a way for me to reset it? I can't help feel that the car has become 'lazy' - sure, I normally drive in a fairly relaxed and economical manner, but when I want to overtake, I want to overtake! I switch to Sport, but it still seems half hearted now.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks,
Jeddy

When I went for a test drive a few months ago I recall being told the car adapted to your driving style. Is there any information on this e.g. in the manual, I've not been able to find it so far. I'd like to understand better how it thinks.
The follow on question is then is whether there is a way for me to reset it? I can't help feel that the car has become 'lazy' - sure, I normally drive in a fairly relaxed and economical manner, but when I want to overtake, I want to overtake! I switch to Sport, but it still seems half hearted now.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks,
Jeddy
Gearbox reset - I think it is only the gearbox that allegedly adapts -

Turn ignition on. Do not start
Press accelerator to floor.
Wait at least 10 seconds
Turn ignition off
Release pedal
Wait 2 mins

Thanks I'll give that a try.
It's probably just me, but there's something vaguely terrifying about putting your foot to the floor and pressing the start button! I may try that on an open road (yes, I know I'm not putting it into gear, sometimes things just feel wrong, a bit like standing on a glass floor - very safe but my brain just screams 'no').

Thanks I'll give that a try.
It's probably just me, but there's something vaguely terrifying about putting your foot to the floor and pressing the start button! I may try that on an open road (yes, I know I'm not putting it into gear, sometimes things just feel wrong, a bit like standing on a glass floor - very safe but my brain just screams 'no').
I wouldn’t do that ! Read it again before you do some damage - good luck

Malfunction Light.

Anyone faced an issue with Malfuction Light coming on and the no electric mode when on, it went into the dealers on Friday and they did a SW update. I got it back Friday and on Saturday it came on again and with a stink of battery coming outside the car.

It went in Tuesday and they could not find any issue as Malfunction does not store anything in the ECU and it could be a little issue based with the seats. Issue I have is when the engine kicks in its not smooth and lurches forward and reverse is nothing or everything. I had another yellow warning light come on today something about Battery and a coollant sign though i could not tell as was driving and it went off a few seconds later. Anyone faced this issue before?

Malfunction Light.

Anyone faced an issue with Malfuction Light coming on and the no electric mode when on, it went into the dealers on Friday and they did a SW update. I got it back Friday and on Saturday it came on again and with a stink of battery coming outside the car.

It went in Tuesday and they could not find any issue as Malfunction does not store anything in the ECU and it could be a little issue based with the seats. Issue I have is when the engine kicks in its not smooth and lurches forward and reverse is nothing or everything. I had another yellow warning light come on today something about Battery and a coollant sign though i could not tell as was driving and it went off a few seconds later. Anyone faced this issue before?

[emoji45]

Not seen that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malfunction Light.

Looks expensive!

I received my 18 plate a week and a half ago. It was ordered last June! There are no blue accents. Don’t know if there are any standard kit differences as don’t know the specs for the 16/17 model. It doesnt have CarPlay though

Hi Gillo, mine has been on order since July, and it is slated to come to me next wednesday. The wait is killing me. Does yours have the old style rotary control and trackpad over it on the center console or the new rotary control without the trackpad on top? Also, do you have the new steering wheel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom