Comand Online NTG4.5 - C Class face lift - Current Navigation Map Data

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I upgraded my UMI to navigation 20 a while back, and I must admit it does have some strange ideas about routes sometimes. I still have my trusty paper road atlas, just such a pity the missus has comprehension problems :D

Version 5 arrived in dealerships yesterday.

Back on Topic.

Popped into MB Coventry today and they took a look at the vehicle agreed that I was running version 4.0 as it said this on the screen (even I could have told them this :doh:)

However they had a big delivery of Nav disks yesterday (21/09/11). Which include a Version 5.0 for the ntg4.5 :bannana:

I am popping in on Monday. They say I need to leave the car with them all day as they have to put it on the charger and it can take around 4 hours to do the update.

I will let you know if I notice any difference in the maps.

Also they say they have had a version 9 disk for the old comand system for the C Class.

If you are buying a new vehicle with comand make sure they update to version 5.0 before they deliver to you.:thumb:

Updated Today to Version 5.0

Left car at dealer today for the Navigation update.

I now have Version 5.0

This has got some of the local new roads that were missing but still not perfect.:doh: The road I need has been open for over 18 months.

On the seat was left a piece of paper ****Copy for Customer*****

On this the following information is printed:

VeDoc D5LDUFFI 26.09.2011 - 09:12 (Must be the time they popped the disk in!)

Vehicle Identification no. (FIN) ######......## (Seems to be the VIN number of the vehicle, what on earth is a FIN number??)
Vehicle Identification no. (VIN) (This was left blank)
Map version: EUROPE 2011/2012 V5.0
DVD Object number: A1728272659
Activation Code: ###### (This is a 6 digit alpha numeric code)
Note: The licence conditions shown on the DVD of the mapping material shall apply. The activation code requested is valid for only the above mentioned vehicle and mapping material

Hope this is of some use to those with this system

So is it the case that any Comand system can be updated to the latest version - for a price??

So is it the case that any Comand system can be updated to the latest version - for a price??

They didn't charge me a penny for this as I have free upgrades for 3 years from the date of purchase of the car.:D

As it says in a little book I was given with the vehicle called "Comand - Updating the map software"

"You are entitled to all COMAND APS map software updates available for your vehicle for three years from the date of first registration. Updates are linked to the vehicle and not the individual. If there is a change of ownership of the vehicle ownership in the first three years, map software update entitlement is passed on. Entitlement to free map updates ends three years after the date of first registration. Once this period has ended, you can purchase further updates from your Mercedes-Benz Service Centre"

No there's a date from when your car had to be built for you to be eligible for the update, it's at some point in 2010.. April onwards I think but not 100%.

how long does the update take as my brand new and shiny C250CDI estate is due for delivery in the next 4 hours and if it has the old version i will take it straight to mercedes just 3 miles down the road for an update.

Free updates for 3 years? I can't find any mention of this in the brochures. was this a limited time offer or does current production still qualify?

I ask as my order has not been the best experience, offered September delivery then whoops run out of slots so it will be October and then got a call "good news your car is being built decade 1 November, by the way the factory has run out the wheels you have selected" Grrrrr the way it is going I will find the comand has out of date maps.

I think I saw a thread that MB had instructed that customer satisfaction was now number 1, am starting to lose faith.

It's in the current brochure for sure

how long does the update take as my brand new and shiny C250CDI estate is due for delivery in the next 4 hours and if it has the old version i will take it straight to mercedes just 3 miles down the road for an update.

The dealership wanted me to leave it with them as they said it can take anything between 90 minutes and 4 hours. I know when I have updated my ntg 2.5 it can take 2 hours. I lock my car in the garage and leave the ignition on while it does it so when they said this I was not surprised.

Not sure how long it took them but they did call me about 1pm saying it was done (it seems they started at 9am) so perhaps it did take 4 hours.

Not likely to do it for you if you just drop in either, it will take up one of their STAR machines so they will ask you to book it in.

Out of interest, how often do MB update this sort of thing.

I know the like of TomTom (who use Navtech) do it 4 times a year but how often am I going to be going back to my dealer for an update?

Goldfish11 - does the updated map include the A80 upgrade between Glasgow and Stirling? At the moment I regularly 'drive' through the fields.....

npuk said:
Not likely to do it for you if you just drop in either, it will take up one of their STAR machines so they will ask you to book it in.

See post below

Last edited:
npuk said:

You only need the star machine to update the control unit firmware. You don't need it to update the maps. You put the update disc in the cd slot on the head unit.

Version 6.0 January 2012 for NTG 4.5 is now available

Version 6.0 January 2012 is now available. I have booked car in for the update tomorrow.

Left car at dealer today for the Navigation update.

I now have Version 5.0

This has got some of the local new roads that were missing but still not perfect.:doh: The road I need has been open for over 18 months.

On the seat was left a piece of paper ****Copy for Customer*****

On this the following information is printed:

VeDoc D5LDUFFI 26.09.2011 - 09:12 (Must be the time they popped the disk in!)

Vehicle Identification no. (FIN) ######......## (Seems to be the VIN number of the vehicle, what on earth is a FIN number??)
Vehicle Identification no. (VIN) (This was left blank)
Map version: EUROPE 2011/2012 V5.0
DVD Object number: A1728272659
Activation Code: ###### (This is a 6 digit alpha numeric code)
Note: The licence conditions shown on the DVD of the mapping material shall apply. The activation code requested is valid for only the above mentioned vehicle and mapping material

Hope this is of some use to those with this system

I retrofit comand NTG 4.5 to my FL W204. I was have factory fitted Audio 20.
I register and make SCN through Vedoc with the theft key. But i see error about map data when i start the engine. I understand that map data has 6 digit licence key too but i can not find in VEDOC. Where the key stored in VEDOC?

How can i enter the key with star diagnosis developer mode?

VeDOK is used to generate the map licence key, which is based on the chassis number and the actual map type/version.

When the dealer generates the key, they get a bill to pay too.

Richard

VeDOK is used to generate the map licence key, which is based on the chassis number and the actual map type/version.

When the dealer generates the key, they get a bill to pay too.

Richard

I have the same problem!
I have the 2011 E350 coupe and I have upgarde HU form Audio 20 to NTG 4.5 COMAND,

when I turn on the COMAND, the navigation says:

"Map data do not match COMAND."
"please insert the map data DVD"
"with the correct map meterial."

I need help and how can I do?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0043_800.jpg
    IMG_0043_800.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back