E500 S212 in Silver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How timely! Iain Tyrrell’s latest vid is on the Ferrari 456:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nope. That's what got me looking at 456's and C4S's as an alternative to an SL500

Ah! There’s a downside there - I fear that anything reviewed by Iain Tyrrell or Harry Metcalfe might get a price bump as some of their 1m viewers flock to buy one...

I'd love a 456, but the running costs.....
There's one on collecting cars but tucked into the bills is one for £11.5k. I could do without that. There was a 612 on a while back but again there were 2 or 3 £9k bills in there.
Just too poor to contemplate that. The purchase cost I could deal with but not the running costs.

I have a real soft spot for the 456 but having seen them advertised at half their current price I just can’t bring myself to buy one.

It has timeless looks and can accommodate a family, plus I love the fact that it’s the most subtle Ferrari ever - almost invisible.

I missed my time. I planned to buy one for a special road trip, and found the one I wanted in May 2016, 10 months before the trip.

Mrs D suggested that we wait until Christmas, and in that 7 months or so values almost doubled, and have stayed there ever since.

What we would have made on the car would have probably paid for the inevitable service and most of hotel and fuel bill. Grrr

Annoyingly, this Covid19 lockdown / quarantine nonsense has scuppered my plans to tour with the E500 this Winter, so I've decided to sell it - after 5,000 miles of visits to Scotland, Durham, and a couple of flat moves for Dearest Daughter.

Details are in the Members' sale section. Here's that link:

Nice car that, and the last of the E-class estates to look like a proper Mercedes too.

Annoyingly, this Covid19 lockdown / quarantine nonsense has scuppered my plans to tour with the E500 this Winter, so I've decided to sell it - after 5,000 miles of visits to Scotland, Durham, and a couple of flat moves for Dearest Daughter.

Just seen your ad Mike.... sorry you’re selling so soon!

What’s next?

What’s next?

Because I don't have to take two bikes and the kitchen sink to the South of France this Autumn and Winter, i can limit myself to this wee motor and our two smaller runabouts for local work.

It's not as practical, but it'll do.

IMG_1873.jpeg

Because I don't have to take two bikes and the kitchen sink to the South of France this Autumn and Winter, i can limit myself to this wee motor and our two smaller runabouts for local work.

It's not as practical, but it'll do.

View attachment 102439
Superb replacement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom