• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Even more new jokes... (No UK Politics or Football please)

That plate is definitely a £100 fine though

Its gone up to a max of £1000 pound now as it can confuse the ANPT machines....so no longer something I would risk. Also of course since you can never actually own a number plate the DVLA have the right to remove your right to use it and sell it to someone else if caught with it miss spaced....not nice if you just payed hundreds or thousands for it!!!

.........anyway BOT

1706772931523.png

Its gone up to a max of £1000 pound now as it can confuse the ANPT machines....so no longer something I would risk. Also of course since you can never actually own a number plate the DVLA have the right to remove your right to use it and sell it to someone else if caught with it miss spaced....not nice if you just payed hundreds or thousands for it!!!

.........anyway BOT

View attachment 152669
wonder if the DVLA have actually taken back a plate though?

I think Plod's take on plates is that as long as they are not just plain silly they tend to ignore them. I have and extra space in mine and have never been pulled.

wonder if the DVLA have actually taken back a plate though?
Apparently its not uncommon.....just takes it to be notified to the DVLA that you have been reported TWICE.

From the Gov site...

First, the police will contact the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) about your plate number. If the DVLA tells them that you have been reported before, your plate will be removed from your car.

Google is not clear on the numbers....I've found anything from "a handful per year" to "several hundred".

There are a couple of threads on PH where people have lost plates though.....one lady did manage to eventually get hers back though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom