Formula One 2018 - General Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
STR.JPG Something rather good about the Toro Rosso livery

Verstappen exceeds track limits and breaks his rear suspension on a sausage kerb in Q1, thus depriving us of the amusing spectacle of Vettel trying to get past him on lap 1.
:D

That made me smile.

So who did Verstappen blame for breaking his car? Another driver, the track designer, Bob the Builder who laid the kerb, or the stewards? :rolleyes:

:D

That made me smile.

So who did Verstappen blame for breaking his car? Another driver, the track designer, Bob the Builder who laid the kerb, or the stewards? :rolleyes:

Summed up in his post qualy interview really. The 'sausage' kerbs are there to stop you abusing track limits so when asked what happened rather than say 'I took a little too much kerb, my bad' it was 'done it all the time, don't know why the car broke this time'. He's lucky that Red Bull aren't fighting for the championship because he would lose it for them

He's lucky that Red Bull aren't fighting for the championship because he would lose it for them

This is why he'll find it more difficult than he should to get a seat in a car with championship winning potential.

Mercedes not for the first time are outsmarted by Ferrari on race strategy.

LH was maintaining a 17s lead for quite some time, so when it started to drop by a consistent 0.5s per lap why did they wait until it was as little as 9s before bringing him in?

Not for the first time, Mercedes strategists got it wrong.
LH should have been pitted far earlier for his 2nd stop.

Forza Kimi! Outstanding drive and MB's turn to get it wrong on the pitwall.

Forza Kimi! Outstanding drive and MB's turn to get it wrong on the pitwall.
You would have thought he would ha e been happier.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Great result for KR & MV. It's a shame LH didn't wrap up the title today but SV really threw that away.

Great result for KR & MV. It's a shame LH didn't wrap up the title today but SV really threw that away.
Yep. Seb has been really clumsy at times this year. Didn't cost him as much today as it could have.

What's the arithmetic for the next race?
The maximum points Seb can win if he gets victory in the next three races is 276+75, 351.
Lewis currently has 346 points, so another 6-points needed to be sure of the title.

The maximum points Seb can win if he gets victory in the next three races is 276+75, 351.
Lewis currently has 346 points, so another 6-points needed to be sure of the title.

Wouldn't it actually only be 5 points LH needs, since with a tie in points he'd take the title with more race wins in the season?

Yep.

Basically if Lewis finishes 7th or better in Mexico it's job done irrespective of what Seb does. Otherwise if Seb wins and Lewis finishes lower than 7th it goes on.

If Seb is 2nd in Mexico, the most points he can get is 344, so game over.

ad953b9e5bb4de4a392fc8687e571c42.jpg

Great race - not sure how Kimi played himself back in, other than Mercedes dropping the ball. Now a night of Tex Mex and home tomorrow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom