My New W209 CLK - Large Modding Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Look what arrived today from the Fatherland:

grill-1_zps9bac282a.jpg

Eye wateringly exbenzive :( :( :(

Those tiny clips are £2.30 each :eek::eek::eek: (with trade discount)

A f*^%ing pigeon has just used my grill to commit suicide. I don't suppose you have a part number to hand as my local dealer doesn't seem to understand that my car has a facelift bumper on it.

The parts guy is incapable of searching for a part without my chassis number. Then tells me that my car shouldn't have a AMG bumper despite me explaining in pain english that i have a facelift AMG bodykit on my car. :doh:

I had to hang up in the end for my own sanity.

Also have you part numbers for the horendously expensive clips as well by any chance.

P.S, I love the carbon wrap you have done on your splitter on the bumper, Do you mind if i pinch your idea. I have some 3M wrap in my cupboard gathering dust.

Your existing grill (if you still have it) should have a small white label in one corner with an AMG logo and part number.

I had major grief getting the number for my grill as I had the same trouble at the dealers. Only 2 grills come up on the EPC.

If not, there are plenty of facelift W209 owners who you could PM for their VINs?

The 63 one is slightly different.

PS. Get your own mod ideas ;) I'm the only one with a carbon cutout ;)

Sure you don't want 19"??
IMGP0458.jpg

Seriously these 19's are just sublime! I so bady want to put them on the w211. Close to one of the best looking AMG wheels made IMO except for the monobloc of course! :)

Dude, get yourself a carbon splitter.

IMG-20130417-WA0001.jpg

20130419_123012.jpg
Hi mate,

where did you get your difuser from I have been looking for that for ages! and did you say you can get them off Ebay for lot cheaper than £600. who sells them and whats the name for search engine.

Many thanks

Next mod :)

Just got myself a genuine facelift W204 C63 AMG rear diffuser off eBay.

Not quite a perfect fit of course (its ever so slightly longer than a W209 rear diffuser) and will require some work, but the rear bumpers coming off tomorrow :D

Apologies for the terrible photos, the light was fading:
diff2_zpsa78f815c.jpg

Held up with string to give you an idea:
diff1_zpsec10a02f.jpg

It's the wrong shape :confused:

Are you going to cut it up to fit?

You'll need to make the top line straight.

Wouldn't you be better off getting a carbon fibre one that's made for the 209?

The top area which is raised will fit plush against the existing bumper once I have made some modifications. you'll see :)

car is looking very good. what else are you planning to do?

Cheers :)

C63 diffuser is next, followed by spacers, then some Hella DRL's from the fatherland (in the foglight casing)

Last edited:
look forward to seeing the mods

What are you talking about Rashman? That's the finished job!

Nice Write up Man .... Great and very clean work !!! Please if u can give details about your Complete dashboard Switchgear facelift conversion to 05+ model ....
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom