Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
amgte44.jpg

amgte45.jpg

amgte46.jpg

amgte47.jpg

amgte48.jpg

amgte49.jpg

amgte50.jpg

At least you've not been going down there hassling them everyday Jay... :D

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

- Exhaust, AMG style (twin square ends) as ill never find AMG exhausts for a TE.
- Recaro Classic C Front Seats (in progress)

Love it, that colour looks great!!

I kind of like the idea of 4 exhaust pipes with AMG square tips!?

Recaro C's - yummy!

Will you keep the Grill surround as is (chrome) or will you make it same colour as car! (do that, AMG style!!)

No its staying chrome as if you do the grille its all got to be done and then it will just look like a van... especially with tinted rear windows.

I have however put an avantgarde insert in and fitted the rising Mercedes Star to it!

No its staying chrome as if you do the grille its all got to be done and then it will just look like a van... especially with tinted rear windows.

I have however put an avantgarde insert in and fitted the rising Mercedes Star to it!

Just wow.

Going to have a motor on down to see this when it is done.

Please don't tint the windows, it just doesn't need it. It will look like a Hearse.

Please don't tint the windows, it just doesn't need it. It will look like a Hearse.

Have to agree, I think cars of this era don't lend themselves well to tinted windows.

looking great and cant wait to see it complete. just been looking at your cars and you have a fine collection.

Have to agree, I think cars of this era don't lend themselves well to tinted windows.

Have to disagree every so slightly gentleman. ;) My 202 is the same colour 199 Blue black with Black leather and i spent ages debating if i should tint or not?
Although I have not done it yet, I now know that just a "light smoke" tint is perfect especially for the era. Any darker then I agree its over just over kill. However Jays car has a lighter cream/beige leather so it will reflect even more light than a black interior. I think light smoke tint would be perfect, subtle enough & still discrete. Go for it Jay......Love the way this project is coming together :thumb:

Last edited:
Im tinting the windows for my son who will be in the back a lot...

I have already had the backs done whilst the glass is out and realised that they may be too much so may have them changed down to a lighter tint later...

Fair point but im still doing it, its more comfortable being in the back of a car with tinted windows. Probably will have to take the shade down a notch though.

cnt wait to see it when its done!

When I were a lad ......

Well, yes I guess, but since tinted glass only became popular in the very late '80's and even then it was an option, it isn't that long ago.

I guess there are quite a number of us travelled in cars without tinted glass. when we were young.

It's just a modern silly excuse to justify fitting tints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom