MY w124 Album is live.. damn.. my car is so pretty!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The reason I like the clear version is that it removes a third element out of a triadic colour scheme. Essentially you have an amber/green/silver scheme and I had a worse burgundy/amber/silver scheme. Removing the amber hamonises and simplifies the colour scheme. This is what I wanted to achieve.

I might change the rears lights too, but I have not come across a set that suits.

A reasons not to do this is that it is not original, but it wouldn't take a few minutes to swap it all back again.

Well i had tried both the rear updated lenses and fronts.. as i was in the same line of throught, that the colours look too busy, so changed the fronts.

I never installed the rears, but if you wanted them, i have them all to hand for the 124..

i realised how beautiful the car is just as it came from the factory, thus i didnt wanna modify anything.. yours looks great though.. great example, and i am a fan of the bolder grills.. the new ones recessed in are subtle, but when i have a classy car, i want it to still shout out a little.. if you know what i mean

Fcuking Norweigian Ref: your career is over son.. That was pure daylight robbery.. seriously - i have not seen such a messed up ref in years!!

Well played Chelsea.. my heart goes out to you!! :(

Out of interest, when is the next mercedes classic car show where i can display my car on the concourse? last weekend of May?

I am looking for a Bentley Azure about 5-10 years old, the ones which were facelifted and had the chrome mesh under the head lamps and the indicators only on the egde..

see pic below of my pref style!

bentley-azure-1-s.jpg

the newest azure looks too gangster and has lost its class.. this one though looks the part.. or dark green/black.. hmmmm

Two words you need to hear - RUNNING COSTS!

running costs will be high, but with only 2 days of sun a year, i guess i will be keeping the miles low lol

I spent 14 grand on mine last year and none of that was routine maintenance. Mileage doesn't come into it with these.

My Turbo RL which is basically the same as the Azure

apial-albums-almandine-red-coupe-picture301-p1011430.jpg
apial-albums-almandine-red-coupe-picture297-p1011435.jpg
apial-albums-almandine-red-coupe-picture299-p1011426.jpg
apial-albums-almandine-red-coupe-picture302-p9100197.jpg

Before you ask, it was for the agreed valuation photos...:D:D

I think you should have a trial with clear lenses. You might get to like them once youve seen them in the flesh. (Don't worry about the number plate, its not the real one)

You need to get the screwdriver out and have another go at lining up the "9" on the ODO....:p

Apial, that is a nice looking car - your W124 Coupe

Dare I say it but I much prefer it to the more rarer W124

I don't think it's my eyes, but the photos in your album look a little blurry to me. The one at the top of this thread looks nice and crisp...

Maybe you could look at resizing them so that they don't blur as much.

(Nice car by the way.)

I don't think it's my eyes, but the photos in your album look a little blurry to me. The one at the top of this thread looks nice and crisp...

Maybe you could look at resizing them so that they don't blur as much.

(Nice car by the way.)

hey, i noticed that too.. i had my pics at 650px wide, then the note said to make them at 600px, so i resized them..

dunno..

will have another look at them and reload..

defo not your eyes though..

I would link you to my website but that is not allowed. The head gasket blew at only 38k miles and cost 5 grand at an indie to correct. The active suspension is another weak spot which I had replaced at about £4.5k. Brake and hydraulic overhaul nearly 3 grand. Door locks blow apart and my last one of those was £850 etc etc - I'm sure you get the picture. You need very deep pockets to run any Bentley. Oddly, the new GT based cars are cheap to run. My 30k mile service was only 850 at Jack Barclay.

You need to get the screwdriver out and have another go at lining up the "9" on the ODO....:p

Now its moved on to a 0 it looks a lot neater.:D:devil: The Odo is genuine but it is 20k newer than the rest of the car. The wretched dealer saw fit to deface the service book with the endorsement of new speedo head fitted, but that was back in 1995.

Mercboiuk has seen the car at a MB Club meeting and he thought the odo was true. I had to tell him the truth.:D

A lot of the speedo heads failed on this model and I think there might have been a service bulletin about it somewhere.

Bill33, you are right about perfect cars becoming museum pieces. I only take it out of the garage after checking the weather forecast for dry weather. I would never dare drive it to a car park or take it to work. In fact the most travelled to places are the service garage and MOT station! The only time I took it to work I had to have someone stand guard next to it.

At one MOT the tester asked if I just had a new exhaust fitted to the car. I said , "Yes, 2 years ago. Why?". "Oh", he replied. "Its just that the parts labels are still stuck to it!".

I have been told that this car is unusal in that it is fitted with a colour matched boot interior. I don't know if this is true.

apial-albums-almandine-red-coupe-picture336-p9100187.jpg

Last edited:
BOOT LINING LOOKS PERFECT AND ORIGINAL.. nice car. love the almandine colour

I am surprised you have not got the price in the windscreen.

when i trialed the clear side repeaters... nice, but made the front um.. "less cute" lol

previouslywithclearindicators.jpg

Good photo of the Blenheim Palace lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom