Sometimes, just sometimes a speed trap may be a good idea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Today, I walked back from the train station with my old man after work up the hill to home sweet home relieved that work had come to an end for the week.

To my horror I heard a very load roaring noise and then 2 cars zoomed past us about 80-90mph we guessed. Less than 3 meters separated them (rather like that suited gent on the phone in the 3 series on your tail you seem to experience on the motorway). Literally they were nose to tail. I think this is what can be loosely defined as racing, minus the driving skill and safe surroundings.

Naturally the cars were hatchbacks with very big exhausts at the back of them. The noise they made was deafening. I couldn't even tell if the drivers were young as they were going so fast, but I guess given the style of the car, its modifications and the way it was being driven that they weren't older.

Anyway the road has a 30mph speed limit, many junctions and 30mph is an entirely reasonable speed limit considering the hazards and situations that crop up.

My hope is simple, they stop it of their own accord, which would be great, or are caught by the police (highly likely, their licences won't stay clean for long unless a crash gets them sooner) and get banned and see the error of their ways, or they crash (taking only themselves) and the roads are a bit safer.

What I don't want to do is open the paper tomorrow and discover a race ended in tragedy for them but also for someone innocent.

I saw a similar thing when I was renovating a house in South Ruislip. Some kids used to drive so fast down one long striaght single lane (cars parked either side of the road) road that the parked cars would rock and car alarms would be set off.

Kind of driving winds me up so much that I've suffered pedestrian rage on more than one occation.

It's not the drivers that I car about, its the people they might crash into. I wish people would realise how quickly a silly mistake can destory soo many lives.

My hope is simple, they stop it of their own accord, which would be great,
or are caught by the police (highly likely, their licences won't stay clean for long unless a crash gets them sooner) and get banned and see the error of their ways,
or they crash (taking only themselves) and the roads are a bit safer.

Is this a poll.? I'll go with option three then...

If they were BMW drivers:devil: :devil: and they were caught by the police then I gaurantee they would be logging onto their respective forum and complaining about police harrassment and how they were not doing anything wrong and were merely following each other! In fact come to think of it didn't we have a member accused of racing on the highway?

John

Here comes Darwin

lets hope that no-one else suffers during the natural selection process!

I'd have gone option 3 too if this was a poll.

But wasn't I given grief in another thread when some kids crashed a stolen bentley and I expressed sorrow that they didn't die.

Today, I walked back from the train station with my old man after work up the hill to home sweet home relieved that work had come to an end for the week.

To my horror I heard a very load roaring noise and then 2 cars zoomed past us about 80-90mph we guessed. Less than 3 meters separated them (rather like that suited gent on the phone in the 3 series on your tail you seem to experience on the motorway). Literally they were nose to tail. I think this is what can be loosely defined as racing, minus the driving skill and safe surroundings.

Naturally the cars were hatchbacks with very big exhausts at the back of them. The noise they made was deafening. I couldn't even tell if the drivers were young as they were going so fast, but I guess given the style of the car, its modifications and the way it was being driven that they weren't older.

Anyway the road has a 30mph speed limit, many junctions and 30mph is an entirely reasonable speed limit considering the hazards and situations that crop up.

My hope is simple, they stop it of their own accord, which would be great, or are caught by the police (highly likely, their licences won't stay clean for long unless a crash gets them sooner) and get banned and see the error of their ways, or they crash (taking only themselves) and the roads are a bit safer.

What I don't want to do is open the paper tomorrow and discover a race ended in tragedy for them but also for someone innocent.

Next time if it happens again, throw a stinger across the road and make a citizen arrest you will get a pat on the back by the police.

Next time if it happens again, throw a stinger across the road and make a citizen arrest you will get a pat on the back by the police.

You've gotta be quick picking those nettles though..

or get your local cycle club to patrol the roads in groups of two or three - great traffic calmers ;)

or get your local cycle club to patrol the roads in groups of two or three - great traffic calmers ;)

Ha ha ha ha ...LOL....

Con-ten-tious....or what.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom