Steering Wheels Swapped - Now Buttons Don't Work!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A trip to Ollie's then bigmac?? :D

whitenemesis, You acutally stopped to look at it :eek:

Well make sure you take note because it means it trust me.

whitenemesis, You acutally stopped to look at it :eek:

Well make sure you take note because it means it trust me.

Yes, after I sidled back into the workshop once bigmac had prised off the airbag plugs! :D :eek:

My local dealer had it on STAR this pm. no errors logged

Lets hope it does sort it :)

I can't go to ollies for another reason now, I have my nans funeral that weekend :(

I'm sure we can get the wheels off and swap the bits over ourselves. Could always do a bristol meet again or you could take a trip to plymouth and see the sea ;) hee hee!

Last edited:

I can't go to ollies for another reason now, I have my nans funeral that weekend :(

I'm sure we can get the wheels off and swap the bits over ourselves. Could always do a bristol meet again or you could take a trip to plymouth and see the sea ;) hee hee!

2 pages sent remove address

As Dan says one notch out on the steering wheel will upset the self cancelling of the indicators

Youcan send the details to whiteinamess

And the ESP mate

Perhap's Malcolm has sent the wheel removal page to you guys but if not do you know the torque setting for the wheel?

Sorry to hear that bigmac, my condolences :(

I'm sure we can sort it ourselves :) (I'll stand outside for a short while though! :eek: )

My new s'wheel should be here within 4 weeks, could kill two birds with one stone? ;)

As Dan says one notch out on the steering wheel will upset the self cancelling of the indicators

Youcan send the details to whiteinamess

WIS says more than one notch.. :D

Thats the one, was just checking so they don't find themselves with the steering wheel in hand as the car cruises along.

Been there Dan, no fun at 40mph around Cornwall's lanes :eek: :eek: :)

Thanx for the instructions :) They are indeed very useful!

It does look a little complicated to be honest. Its the possible movement of the spring that troubles me.

Will have to sort something out with whitenemesis about meeting and doing the work.

You both have been fantastic in helping with this!! Thank you!

Sorry to hear that bigmac, my condolences :(

I'm sure we can sort it ourselves :) (I'll stand outside for a short while though! :eek: )

My new s'wheel should be here within 4 weeks, could kill two birds with one stone? ;)

That sounds like a plan :)

My clock being wrong is going to drive me mad in the mean time! :crazy: :D

Are you confident in the removal of the spring? No standing outside with that one lol ;) :p

This has run into 4 pages and I will get told off now:(

I am now thinking further down the line on this when I send the instructions as follows

Remove bonnet
disconnect exhaust
remove fuel lines
disconnect wiring
undo propshaft
Lift engine and so on :D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom