W124 rear sub frame uprate and refurb questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting thread.

On the Meyele products which are very cheap, well they are cheap for a reason of course. I used a Meyele steering idler arm kit which I fitted a month before MOT time. It failed because the kit simply fell apart like the Febi steering damper I fitted two years previously!

As regards strengthening the rear subframe and fitting poly bushes, they may add to the handling but they will direct forces that are normally absorbed there to other places. Whilst the 500 subframe is different so is the rear of the car! I'd be looking at as much R129 stuff from MB as its the proper stuff, tried and tested by MB

Interesting thread.

On the Meyele products which are very cheap, well they are cheap for a reason of course. I used a Meyele steering idler arm kit which I fitted a month before MOT time. It failed because the kit simply fell apart like the Febi steering damper I fitted two years previously!

For contrast, I've used Meyle HD front lower arms a couple of times now and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. And I never had premature wear on Febi steering dampers . I can't comment on the Meyle non HD suspension parts as I usually buy Febi or Lemforder depending on the part required. But overall I'd say you are correct that there is better quality parts available than Meyle, then again I'm not always willing to pay M-B prices either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom