What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fitted the winter tyres/wheels , cleaned up the summer set and stored in the garage .
Now for a shower then off down the Pub , walking , so I can have a few :thumb:

Almost left to visit MSL . But a stomach bug that has gone round the family finally visited me last night. Spent most of it with my head in a bowl:(
And almost as quick as it arrives, its gone. Slept until 3pm and feel great now.

Resheduled my visit until next Saturday. Fortunately, MSL were very understanding.

Got to MSL after getting up at silly o.clock to drive 160+ miles for a 9 am arrival. I got there at 8.15:doh:
Very pleased with the re map and resonator delete.
Will put up a couple of pics later.

Well I checked out my aux battery to see if it was low on voltage, maybe explain why I’ve no eco mode (not that I use it) and tried to figure out if averaging 38 mpg is normal

Finally got the roof bars and bike racks off and stashed in the shed. Been wanting to do that for 10 weeks.

To celebrate I've been punting it around in the sun on the paddles

Just did some mileage calculations which kind of confirmed what I thought.

Since I've had it I've covered something like 13.5k which translates into an annual mileage of just under 5k pa. That does include 3 x French holidays @ 1.5k each and 2 x house moves and 1 x renovation at a guestimate of 500 miles each (loads and loads of trips).

Taking that lot out gives an underlying figure of just over 3k pa.

So (a) I'm keeping the mileage nice and low and (b) there's absolutely no reason not to have a V8 :)
A bit like our Jaaaags mileage. Bloomin’ thing will last for years at this rate!!

A bit like our Jaaaags mileage. Bloomin’ thing will last for years at this rate!!

That's the general idea. There's no equivalent to it s/h at the moment. After this point MB stopped doing "normal" petrols so the choice became E200/diesel/AMG.

Now they've finally launched the electric-assisted TT V6 but only very recently so it'll take a while before they become available sub-£20k.

So I'll hang on to this one for a good time yet. It really ticks all the boxes.

Checked tyres pressures, washed and dried wheels, hoovered inside, cleaned glass and then took it out for a leg stretch in Sport+ mode. Now resting in the garage ahead of a B2 service next Thursday

Fitted a carbon lip

Attachments

• 49F0A1E4-07E7-47EC-BE07-8C7B5AFB7A00.jpeg
    49F0A1E4-07E7-47EC-BE07-8C7B5AFB7A00.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 14
New rear PS4S tyres fitted to the beast.

After a 250 mile round trip to Nottingham yesterday, my car was, shall we say a tad dirty. So cleaned it today, using nothing but Williams Waterless Wash and Wax, and it took me 1 hour.
It looks great! :D
20191118_141309.jpg
Sorry if it's not a great pic, but I had to stand far back, and shrink the pic to post it on here. :rolleyes::)

After a 250 mile round trip to Nottingham yesterday, my car was, shall we say a tad dirty. So cleaned it today, using nothing but Williams Waterless Wash and Wax, and it took me 1 hour.
View attachment 90376
Sorry if it's not a great pic, but I had to stand far back, and shrink the pic to post it on here. :rolleyes::)
That looks very nice indeed.

Winter health check done today on mine. Fluids,tyres etc etc

All good.

Got my cls back all repaired and driving like a car half it’s age. Gearbox sorted.

View attachment 90376
That's a very pretty car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom