What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Transferred the latest registration number to the latest car. Exciting.

Ordered a new number plate as the old one fell off after a plate change. I also used a fair bit of fuel in the process but plenty of smiles per gallon

Wifes key stopped working in her r230 SL. No locking or unlocking. Thought I would change the battery even though the key is only a couple of years old - replacement bought from MB for something approaching £300 as i remember.
Anyway spent about an hour trying to pull the battery holder out of the key fob as with her other key and every other MB I have had. All to no avail until by accident the back flipped open and there is the battery. Must be a new design but nobody at MB mentioned it was different. I nearly broke it a couple of times in my frustration. Also only holds one 2025 battery instead of two.
Replaced the battery but still the same. Thought I would see if it started the car which it did and thereafter all the other functions returned. I guess putting it in the ignition syced the key again to the car. So all well again but a very irritating couple of hours!

Ordered a new number plate as the old one fell off after a plate change. I also used a fair bit of fuel in the process but plenty of smiles per gallon

AMGs are like superbikes. You always want to take the longer route.

Wifes key stopped working in her r230 SL. No locking or unlocking. Thought I would change the battery even though the key is only a couple of years old - replacement bought from MB for something approaching £300 as i remember.
Anyway spent about an hour trying to pull the battery holder out of the key fob as with her other key and every other MB I have had. All to no avail until by accident the back flipped open and there is the battery. Must be a new design but nobody at MB mentioned it was different. I nearly broke it a couple of times in my frustration. Also only holds one 2025 battery instead of two.
Replaced the battery but still the same. Thought I would see if it started the car which it did and thereafter all the other functions returned. I guess putting it in the ignition syced the key again to the car. So all well again but a very irritating couple of hours!

Nowadays You Tube is your friend to be consulted before any diy (inc. motoring).

Well Tuesday actually, went and left it behind at a Volvo dealers in Cambridge. I took the collie too, but brought him back....in a new car.:cool:

Bought a new pair of front mud flaps , but too wet too fit them.
So just went for a nice bite to eat.
Lazy.

Drove back from Center Parcs in Wiltshire in torrential rain.
No slipping around either, so perhaps those P Zeros I slated a while ago aren't so bad after all.
I have to say, I get along Pzeros. I once had a set with a manufacturing fault and they gave me a full refund even though I’d covered many many miles before the issues manifested, and was successfully diagnosed.

Fitted a dash cam today. Wee £30 Black Friday deal.
Still got the rear camera to fit but gotta work out the wire to reverse light fitting.

Front brake pads, oil and filter using she'll helix and air filter. Happy bunny, got a good deal on the oil from euro on the black Friday deal.

Dropped it off at MSL for a major service....

Plus discs and pads all around...

Plus a few other bits......

What bits? :)
Nothing exciting unfortunately, just getting it ready to be put away for winter, then up for sale in Spring. Over and above the service items are a couple of niggles I want sorting out, so MSL will do whilst it’s there :)

Put my 2005 56k miles CLK 270 CDi in for a service and MoT and yet again it passed with no advisory’s and a comment from the Regional MoT Tester that it was absolutely spotless and rust free underneath. There’s no squeaks, rattles or groans, it never misses a beat........ BRILLIANT car

Polished out the yellow crazing on my headlights using Autosol, works a treat

went out to garage to go for a drive but started tipping down with halestones - so went back in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom