What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fixed a broken shaft on the control knob for command on my C Class ( a known fault apparently ) had to go and buy some Toex drivers since I didn't have any. Whatever happened to good old fashioned slotted screws. :mad:

Service and MOT. I booked online, and the system told me it would take 2 hours 51 minutes; clearly they don't share that information with the dealer!

Took mine to InAutos for a service and engine and tranny mounts plus a couple of other bits. Their E220 saloon courtesy car seemed to drive much smoother and quieter than my similar age e250 wagon! Be interesting to see how the new mounts improve things!

Jayne's SLK350 (early R171) went for its MOT this week. Embarased that it has only done 400 miles in the last 12 months. At least the C36 and C43/55 have broken the 1500mile barrier.
Must have more MB driving days this year.

Been "DARN SARF" to get 4 Viano seats to retro fit into the van.. all's well that end's well, I'm back UP T'NORTH unscathed..
fefa0ea026bee5ca058138d37685c528.jpg
7877666c84ef86022c7d3d22bd692332.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Drove back from Cornwall to Doncaster via Poole to pick a guitar up for a friend. 429miles steady away
21878282f1a232cb7aab5e7094d0c5d2.jpg
d527ee85356a21b2eeabb87b53cb02c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been "DARN SARF" to get 4 Viano seats to retro fit into the van.. all's well that end's well, I'm back UP T'NORTH unscathed..

Come on. Derbyshire's not 't north. I live here too. I admit Ilkeston is a special case. Was in Beverley last week and that's not 't north either. You really know your in 't north when you're having a pint or two in Berwick.

Gave the SL a wash and remembered to check that the metal key still worked in the boot lock, operated it a few times to ensure it was free. Didn't get chance for wax though as the rain started.

Come on. Derbyshire's not 't north. I live here too. I admit Ilkeston is a special case. Was in Beverley last week and that's not 't north either. You really know your in 't north when you're having a pint or two in Berwick.
Noticed you didn't write Ilson! [emoji1787][emoji1787] That's where my birth was registered.. Admit not quite up T'North but have to say not sure about all those Low Emission zones!!

Noticed you didn't write Ilson! [emoji1787][emoji1787] That's where my birth was registered.. Admit not quite up T'North but have to say not sure about all those Low Emission zones!!

Didn't know you could write Ilson. Met many people who say it though.

upload_2020-2-24_11-45-35.jpeg

Leather refurbished and look amazing, very chuffed with the finish

Attachments

• A0D0265A-CC56-4961-A51F-A9AD12349694.jpeg
    A0D0265A-CC56-4961-A51F-A9AD12349694.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 9520C87A-B1EE-4AE0-B094-CCE7FEC58E4E.jpeg
    9520C87A-B1EE-4AE0-B094-CCE7FEC58E4E.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 20
Fitted two new (2019) boot struts to the SL. Original (2004) ones weren’t holding the boot up so well even at just 10k miles.
Easy job to do, approx 2 minutes per side and while wondering just how to support the boot I noticed my walking stick propped up by the garage door, it’s one cut out of a tree branch with a Y fork as the handle and believe it or not it fitted perfectly to jam the boot in the full open position.
Even though the old struts were not up for the job I still couldn’t depress them by pushing them down on the floor. They probably would do for another boot or bonnet lid which is lighter so me being me I will hold onto them.

Fitted two new (2019) boot struts to the SL. Original (2004) ones weren’t holding the boot up so well even at just 10k miles.
Easy job to do, approx 2 minutes per side and while wondering just how to support the boot I noticed my walking stick propped up by the garage door, it’s one cut out of a tree branch with a Y fork as the handle and believe it or not it fitted perfectly to jam the boot in the full open position.
Even though the old struts were not up for the job I still couldn’t depress them by pushing them down on the floor. They probably would do for another boot or bonnet lid which is lighter so me being me I will hold onto them.
I might have a go at this to, my boot opens up on the fob but doesn’t lift completely open

Took our W164 ML63 AMG our for a drive, I’ve not really used it since before Christmas. Such a fantastic car, and the M156 6.2 litre naturally aspirated engine is simply sublime.

Replaced NSF position T10 bulb - the OSF went about moth and half ago - reasonably consistent lifespan, given I fitted both at the same time, over two years ago.

Finally, something that works ... yes, they are LEDs (COB) :p

Taken two of them out for a drive. Turned out to be quiet a nice day in between the hail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom